Whenever we have to move Trivia to another night, the crowd is always less, and that was the case on Monday. But we still had a respectable 14 teams come out, including some regulars, many of whom also enjoyed Professor Thom's lobsters and the Red Sox win over the A's.
I thought the scores might be a bit higher for the Clint Eastwood Film Trivia, but I guess Clint isn't as popular among the Trivia regulars as I might have thought. The scores were strong for Dead Rock Stars Trivia though.
The team of I Was Late Tonight Because My Pet Rat Was Vomiting Uncontrollably ( a takeoff on one of my True or False questions from last week) led throughout the night, and got 4 of the 5 IQ Trivia questions right and won the night with 49 points, and an easy 10-point win. Congrats to Alex and his friends on their win.
Second place went to The Awesome Sauce with 39 points, and third place went to Is That The Smell of Victory or Should I Move To Another Car? with 37 points. (They also captured Best Team Name for the night.)
A reminder that we will be doing Trivia again next week on Monday, May 7th at 9 PM, unless the Boston Celtics get swept in the first round series. If they are out in four, we will be doing it on Tuesday, May 8th. (Game 5 is scheduled for next Tuesday.) Stay tuned to this blog for more info as the week goes on.
1. People magazine named what R&B singer as its "Most Beautiful Woman in the World" for 2012?
2. The governor of what eastern US state signed a bill last Wednesday outlawing the death penalty, making it the 17th state to do so?
3. What NBC broadcaster was named prime-time host of the 2012 Olympics this summer, the ninth straight Olympics he has hosted?
4. One person was killed and nearly 100 were hurt when high winds caused a tent to collapse in what midwest city, right after an NL baseball game that many attended?
5. A media report last Saturday claimed what late foreigh leader gave $66 million to the presidential campaign of 2007 of French president Nicolas Sarkozy?
6. A report last week said which midwestern state lost the most jobs, over 23,000, over the past 12 months?
7. Where in the sports world did Chandler Harnish gain national notoriety this past Saturday?
Dead Rock Stars Trivia
1. Bon Scott was the original lead singer of what heavy group before his "death by misadventure" in 1980?
2. Ian Curtis was the lead singer of Joy Division and died in 1980. What was the cause of his death?
3. Marvin Gaye was shot and killed on April 1, 1984, the day before his 45th birthday. Who was charged with his murder?
4. Between Otis Redding, Ronnie Van Zant and Janis Joplin, which one did not die in a plane crash?
5. Rapper Biggie Smalls was murdered in 1997 in a drive-by shooting in what US city?
6. John Bonham was the drummer for what hard rock band until his death in 1980 by asphyxiation?
7. Between John Lennon, Michael Jackson and Elvis Presley, who lived to the oldest age?
Clint Eastwood Films Trivia ("The Q Train")
1. Play Misty For Me
2. A Fistful of Dollars
3. The Apostle
4. Escape From Alcatraz
6. The Bridges of Madison County
7. Gran Torino
9. The Enforcer
10. Air Force One
1. The Rock of Gibraltar is located at the southern tip of what country? ( 1 pt)
2. For over 70 years, the Rockettes have been based at what New York City venue? ( 1 pt)
3. What modern country was once home to the ancient Aztecs? ( 1 pt)
4. Agoraphobia is not the fear of sweaters, but of what? ( 2 pt)
5. What 1968 Beatles hit song was written for John Lennon's eldest son? ( 2 pt)
6. What politician delivered the keynote speech at the 2004 Democratic National Convention? ( 2 pt)
7. What athletic shoe brand introduced the word "sneakers" in a 1917 ad campaign? ( 3 pt)
1. In what sport's hall of fame was fashion designer Vera Wang inducted in 2009? ( 4 points)
2. What comic book villain plots to undermine Barack Obama's inauguration in a Spiderman edition issued just before the 2009 presidential swearing-in? ( 5 points)
3. Meaning "mouse's mouth" in Spanish, what Florida city's aging population has earned it the nickname "God's waiting room?" ( 4 points)
4. Suomi is the official language of what European country? ( 3 points)
5. Henry Wirz and Champ Ferguson were the only soldiers convicted and executed for war crimes committed during what war? ( 4 points)
1. Beyonce Knowles; 2. Connecticut; 3. Bob Costas; 4. St. Louis; 5. Moammar Khadafy; 6. Wisconsin; 7. Last pick in the NFL Draft.
Dead Rock Stars Trivia
1. AC/DC; 2. hanging; 3. His father; 4. Janis Joplin; 5. Los Angeles; 6. Led Zeppelin; 7. Michael Jackson.
Clint Eastwood Film Trivia ("The Q Train")
1. yes; 2. yes; 3. no; 4. yes; 5. no; 6. yes; 7. yes; 8. no; 9. yes; 10. no.
1. Spain; 2. Radio City Music Hall; 3. Mexico; 4. public places; 5. "Hey Jude;" 6. Barack Obama; 7. Keds.
1. Figure skating; 2. The Chameleon; 3. Boca Raton; 4. Finland; 5. The Civil War.