For the second consecutive week, we had to move Trivia Night over to Monday night, and we had a similar crowd to the one we had last Monday: 13 teams took part.
A few of the players said to me that the Last Film Roles Trivia was a little too hard, and the numbers reflected it. Teams either did really well or really lousy. But the numbers rebounded nicely for most teams with General Knowledge.
The team called X was in first place all night, and capped off their night with a perfect score in IQ Trivia to take the title with 54 points. Congratulations to Alex and his crew on another fine win. Second place wound up a tie of 48 points between Orion and Sayonara Sarkozy, C'est La Vie. We broke the tie with this question: "How many films has Clint Eastwood appeared in in his career?" Sayonara Sarkozy was closest, guessing 49 (it was 66), to take second place.
Best Team Name: Rattlesnakes and Condoms: Two Things I Don't Screw With
Right now we don't know if we will have Trivia Night on Monday or Tuesday next week, due to the uncertain status of the Celtics playoff series. If the Celtics advance, the NBA will announce the second round schedule later this week. When it becomes available, I will let you where we stand. A good rule of thumb: if there is no Celtics game next Tuesday, we will have Trivia on Tuesday, May 15th at 9 PM. If there is a Celtics game that night, we will do Trivia on Monday night, May 14th at 9 PM.
1. Five men were arrested last Tuesday, self-proclaimed anarchists, on charges of plotting to blow up a bridge in what midwestern US city?
2. Travel and Leisure magazine recently ranked which NY are airport at the very bottom of the best and worst airports in the United States?
3. A fire broke out in one of the buildings in filmmaker Tyler Perry's studio complex last week in what US city?
4. Daredevil Nik Wallenda is planning to do a tightrope walk across what famous North American location next month?
5. What pop singer's album recently passed Michael Jackson's "Thriller" as the fifth best-selling album of all-time in the UK, having sold more than 4.2 million units?
6. A small downtown park in Hanover Square in Manhattan that is dedicated to the British 9/11 victims was renamed in honor of what famous person last Wednesday?
7. What legendary rock frontman will host the final episode of "Saturday Night Live" this season on May 19?
1. Who was the frontman for the rock band The Mothers of Invention?
2. What country in the world did Mother Teresa do most of her charity work with the poor?
3. Who in the Bible is credited with being the "Mother of All the Living?"
4. What is the most popular month of the year for women in the US to have a baby?
5. Mother Love Bone was a late 1980s band from the Northwest, and two members would form what group in 1990, who has sold over 60 million albums worldwide?
6. Natalie Suleman, known as The Octomom, came into prominence when she gave birth to how many children in January 2009?
7. "The mother of all battles has begun" is a statement credited to what onetime world leader?
Last Film Roles Trivia ("The Q Train")
1. Ragtime (1981)
2. On Golden Pond (1981)
3. The Flintstones (1994)
4. Neighbors (1981)
5. Giant (1956)
6. The Shootist (1976)
7. Rear Window (1998)
8. Guess Who's Coming to Dinner (1967)
9. The Misfits (1961)
10. Plan 9 From Outer Space (1957)
1. How does one right this current year in Roman numerals? ( 1 pt)
2. What cereal company is located in Battle Creek, MI ( 1 pt)
3. The US Census is used to reallocate seats for what specific legislative body? ( 1 pt)
4. In 1976, who became the second US state to legalize casino gambling? ( 2 pt)
5. Four European capitals: Vienna, Bratislava, Budapest and Belgrade, are all located on what river? ( 2 pt)
6. Liar's Poker, a popular bluffing bar game, is played with what substitute for cards? ( 2 pt)
7. What infamous import was voted "Worst Car of the Millennium" by NPR's "Car Talk?" ( 3 pt)
1. "And So It Goes", a recent biography by Charles J. Shields, was about the life of what 20th century American author? ( 5 points)
2.What rap star was once made an honorary executive vice-president of the Oakland A's baseball team as a teenager? ( 3 points)
3. Battles at Goose Green and Port Stanley were part of what short-lived 20th century military conflict? ( 4 points)
4. What current cable TV personality became a prosecutor after the murder of her fiance? ( 4 points)
5. Frederic Passy and Henry Dunant were the first two recipients of what award in 1901? ( 4 points)
1. Cleveland; 2. LaGuardia; 3. Atlanta; 4. Niagara Falls; 5. Adele; 6. Queen Elizabeth II; 7. Mick Jagger.
1. Frank Zappa; 2. India; 3. Eve; 4. August; 5. Pearl Jam; 6. eight; 7. Saddam Hussein.
Last Film Roles Trivia ("The Q Train")
1. James Cagney; 2. Henry Fonda; 3. Elizabeth Taylor; 4. John Belushi; 5. James Dean; 6. John Wayne; 7. Christopher Reeve; 8. Spencer Tracy; 9. Marilyn Monroe and Clark Gable; 10. Bela Lugosi.
1. MMXII; 2. Kellogg's; 3. House of Representatives; 4. New Jersey; 5. Danube; 6. dollar bills; 7. Yugo.
1. Kurt Vonnegut; 2. MC Hammer; 3. Falkland Islands War of 1982; 4. Nancy Grace; 5. Nobel Peace Prize.