Friday, May 30, 2008

Getting Out the Vote

This past Wednesday, I entered a contest over at the great web site Surviving Grady, as Red and Denton asked fans to write in with "the one person you'd love to spend a day with at Fenway Park." It could be anyone, living or dead, and you had to explain why. The winner gets the new 6-DVD set, "The Essential Games of Fenway Park."

The site got hundreds of entries, and the boys had a tough time narrowing it down to five. So, they expanded it to ten, and this morning, they announced on their site the finalists.

And my entry is one of the ten finalists.

I'm really blown away that it was chosen. If you go over to Surviving Grady, you can read it. It's not hard to figure out which is mine, but if you go to the fifth of the ten, "Dear Friend," that's mine.

So now I need your help. There are many great ones in the contest, and a couple that actually made me laugh out loud. So, it will be tough to win. The contest lasts until Monday night at 11:59 PM ET, so if you'd like to vote for my entry, you have to drop a fast email to Red and Denton at soxfiend2004@comcast.net and vote for "Dear Friend." You can only vote once from any individual email address.

I plan to donate the DVD if I win, to a very special person who's had a tough time recently, so I thank all of you out there for your support.

No comments: