Tuesday, May 13, 2008

498

Last night's Red Sox finale in Minnesota got off to a great start as Coco Crisp doubled and was driven in by David Ortiz. Manny Ramirez then took Livan Hernandez deep over the rightfield wall ("baggie?") to put the Red Sox up 3-0 with his 498th career home run.

But that was as far as the Red Sox got offensively, as Clay Buchholz gave back two runs in the first. And he was in trouble all night, and eventually gave up 7 runs in just over four innings to put the Red Sox in a hole they couldn't get out of. Hernandez settled down to get the win, 7-3.

Congratulations to Kevin Youkilis for winning the AL Player of the Week award this past week, for the monster series he had in Detroit.

After taking three of four in Detroit, the Sox dropped three of four in Minnesota. The road trip ends in Baltimore with two quick games starting tonight, and another tomorrow afternoon. Josh Beckett takes the hill against Jeremy Guthrie.

2 comments:

Suldog said...

Q:

This is the first time EVER in my life I just totally forgot there was a Sox game! I was so engrossed in the Celtics, losing in Cleveland, that I didn't even flip to it, once, and forgot about it totally until I just read your entry. Amazing.

BklynSoxFan said...

And I totally forgot there was a Celtics game on! LOL No, I did switch over occasionally to get a score.

Glad I could be of service, Suldog...