Saturday, May 03, 2008

The Dam Breaks: Sox Score Seven

I went into Professor Thom's last night to take in the Red Sox-Famous Ray's game, but a two-and-a-half hour rain delay basically put the kibosh on that. The Celtics game dominated the screens, as my friends slowly left the bar. As the young folk made their way in, I decided to take in the game at home, should it finally start. By the time I got on the train for home, the game was underway. On my arrival home, the Red Sox were finally putting runs on the board. About time.

They scored seven last night. Five were scored in the fourth, all with two out. Brandon Moss crushed one above the camera well, and it was 2-0. It was 6-0 when the inning finished, and Clay Buchholz was on his way to his second victory of the year, 7-3. He went 5 1/3 innings, allowing one earned run. (But not before Javier Lopez and Manny Delcarmen, who both frighten me these days, let the Rays back into it.)

Speaking of cameras, have you all noticed the "new" camera angle that NESN debuted the other night? Reminds me of the one ESPN used back in 2001, the night Mike Mussina was almost perfect against the Red Sox. I didn't like that angle, as it was a bit too high up, and I felt like I was watching the game from the Goodyear (or was it Goodrich?) blimp. This one is a little higher than the one we are used to, but with this one, you get a better view of the umps calls, and you feel like you are directly behind the pitcher. The older one was skewed slightly to right.

Like most things in life, I'll get used to it. I'm just glad to see the Red Sox finally scoring more runs.

No comments: