Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Shipping Off to Boston

The Red Sox winning streak ended tonight at six, as they dropped a 6-4 decision to the LA Angels at Fenway. Daisuke Matsuzaka was the latest Sox player to fall victim to that Old Devil Flu. Jon Lester took his place on three days rest. He gave up three runs in five innings, including two long bomb homers to Gary Matthews.

Papi went deep to tie the game in the fifth, but new callup Craig Hansen (remember him?) gave up a home run to Casey Kotchman (he seems to do something against the Sox every time he plays) to untie it, 5-4. Hansen actually didn't look bad at all, as he's off to a great start at Pawtucket, and his slider looked good tonight in the 1 2/3 innings he pitched.

I'm off to the Fens on Thursday for the afternoon finale of the series and homestand, against the Angels. It should be a really special day tomorrow, and I'll tell you more about it on Friday, as I won't be posting on Thursday. It is still not known who will pitch for the Sox tomorrow, but I'm sure Terry Francona will think of someone.

5 comments:

Jere said...

Quinn: I'll be there, too! I'll look for you....

BklynSoxFan said...

A friend of mine and I have two seperate tickets and may sit together in either section 18 grandstand or the section 4 right field box. I will look out for you, but if I don't see you, Jere, have a great time!

Suldog said...

Hmmmm. Probably the first inning, as I'm writing this. Hope you had a good time!

Jere said...

I didn't see Quinn's comment above--but I found him anyway! Was good to see you in the real world for a change, man. Too bad you saw a loss, but Masterson's start was key.

And Joba just gave up the winning run in the Yanks game a few minutes ago...

BklynSoxFan said...

It was a great day at the ballyard on Thursday, and great to see you, Jere! Game could have been better, but Justin Masterson was impressive. Glad also to see the Myth of the Infallibility of Chamberlain was finally exploded...