Monday, April 14, 2008

ESPN Ruins Baseball, Too

I thought that goofup by Fox was bad on Saturday evening when they dumped out of the game too early, but what the hell was with ESPN on Monday night during the Red Sox-Indians game?

The network that forces Chris Berman and Dick Vitale down everyone throats left the Red Sox-Indians game on at least SIX occasions for a commercial while an inning was still going on. And they stayed away for at least a minute every time. (Fortunately, I was able to switch over to the MLB package coverage of the game, so I didn't miss anything.)

I decided to watch the ESPN broadcast because the MLB package had the Cleveland feed tonight. I really don't have anything against their announcers, as they aren't too bad. ESPN also had Dan Shulman and Orel Hershiser on, who I both like. (Even though we had to endure Steve Phillips as the third guy in the booth. He is simply awful.)

Who was at the controls tonight, and were they drinking on the job or something? If it happens once, it can be explained away as a mistake. But this got to ridiculous proportions, to the point I went to the Indians feed after the eighth inning. ESPN made no acknowlegment that there was some kind of problem with their feed. (Could this have been just a local problem?)

Yep, ESPN Ruins Baseball, too.

No comments: