Saturday, April 05, 2008

"Blessed: Still We Believe 2"

Well, ladies and gentlemen, the documentary film that I've talked about that was partially filmed at Professor Thom's is about to hit stores soon. It is called "Blessed: Still We Believe 2" and it is the sequel of the successful film made by Bombo Pictures about Red Sox fans.

The original was based on fans from the Red Sox 2003 season. This one is about the 2007 season, and it features my good friend Chris Wertz of Thom's, and Yours Truly actually makes a number of appearances in it, along with a few other of the Professor Thom's regulars.

And if I do say so myself, I think it came out really well.

Chris and Boston writer Mike Barnicle are the focal points of the documentary. Barnicle is seen mostly in Fenway with some special guests watching Red Sox games during the season. While at Thom's, Chris and I are shown during many nights of the season, especially during the times we had "Kayreoke," when fans came in to call the action.

It all ends with the Sox winning the World Series (I hope I haven't given anything away), and the World Series trophy making an appearance at Thom's in January.

Oh, how I love a film with a happy ending.

The film will be released to the public on May 13, and it is available through Amazon.com. (There is a link on the side of my blog to order directly from Amazon.) Right now it is available from Shaw's, but only throughout New England. So the rest of us will have to wait until May and pre-order the DVD.

It's worth the wait, I promise.

2 comments:

SoSock said...

Way cool.
I assume you will be at the bar tonight for the big game.
Oh, that's right, not EVERYBODY that loves the Sox also loves the Heels :)
It just seems like such a natural fit to me that I just assume.....
Anyway, I'm going to try my hand at a game thread, although I imagine I will be just talking to myself. If you're at a computer, stop by - sosock.blogspot.com
BTW - I also have your site pulled up in another window and am quizzing my fellow ball watchers between games with this past Tueday's questions.

BklynSoxFan said...

Sosock: I appreciate you quizzing your Tar Heels fan friends with my trivia questions. I am honored, thank you so much. I actually didn't make it to Thom's for the game tonight, as I had something else to do at home here tonight.

My sympathies to you on the loss tonight. UNC had a good run to the Final Four...