We had another good turnout on a beautiful night in Manhattan. It was also great to see how The Mad Hatter has put up some really cool Halloween decorations throughout the bar. (A dear friend of mine, who passed away many years ago and would have celebrated her birthday on Tuesday, really would have loved it.)
We had a rare event on Tuesday, as we had a tie between two teams in every round. That is, except after the night was all over. The team of House of Turds won the night by getting 4 of the 5 IQ Trivia questions correct, and wound up with 48 points and two-point win.
Second place went to We Never Come Up With Good Names with 46 points, and third place went to John Quinn's Playoff Beard Is All Knowing of All Things Trivia (love that team name) with 40 points.
1. What MLB player's jersey was the top-selling jersey for the first time ever for him for the year 2013?
2. Kanye West ranted on Twitter this past week about a skit what late night TV host did about him, and many fans believe the whole thing may just be a parody?
3. The Oracle Team USA won the America's Cup last week in a stunning comeback, winning seven races in a row over a team from what country?
4. Up to 50 students were killed at a college in what African country on Sunday when Islamist terrorists stormed the school dressed as army soldiers and carried out the attacks?
5. What cable TV network canceled production on an upcoming biopic of Hillary Clinton, as both Democrats and Republicans would not cooperate with the project?
6. Kenyan runner Wilson Kipsang set a new world record for the marathon in 2 hours, 3 minutes and 23 seconds last Sunday in what European capital city?
7. What TV series made history last week with the first ever same-sex marriage proposal on network TV?
1. "Green River" was a hit single for what 1960s rock band?
2. Which Nickleodeon TV show was known for dropping green slime on its characters?
3. What is the name of the main character in the book "Green Eggs and Ham?"
4. Martin Balsam portrayed "Mr. Green" in what 1974 NYC-based action film that was remade in 2009?
5. What north African country's flag is completely green?
6. What is the name of the pigment in green plants that gives them their color?
7. What city's river is dyed green every St. Patrick's Day?
Time Zones Trivia ("The Q Train")
1. Las Vegas, NV
2. Cheyenne, WY
3. Toronto, ONT
4. Salt Lake City, UT
5. Detroit, MI
6. St. Louis, MO
7. Cleveland, OH
8. Mexico City, MX
9. Vancouver, BC
10. Austin, TX
1. The clavicle is also known as what bone? ( 1 pt)
2. Who played the role of Tony Stark in the movie "Iron Man 3?" ( 1 pt)
3. Equatorial Guinea is a small country found on what continent? ( 1 pt)
4. Lake Pontchartrain is found in what US state? ( 2 pt)
5. What is the most populous Canadian province? ( 2 pt)
6. How many fluid ounces are there in a US gallon? ( 2 pt)
7. The first Beatles concert in America took place on February 11, 1964 in what city? ( 3 pt)
1. What is the smallest state capital city in the US in total population? ( 4 points)
2. Ben Nevis is the highest mountain in what country? ( 4 points)
3. Ichthyology is the branch of zoology devoted to the study of what? ( 5 points)
4. Stephen Harper is the current prime minister of what country? ( 3 points)
5. What infamous 19th century bank robber was the leader of The Wild Bunch Gang? ( 4 points)
1. Mariano Rivera; 2. Jimmy Kimmel; 3. New Zealand; 4. Nigeria; 5. CNN; 6. Berlin; 7. "Modern Family."
1. CCR; 2. "You Can't Do That On Television;" 3. Sam; 4. "The Taking of Pelham One Two Three;" 5. Libya; 6. chlorophyll; 7. Chicago.
Time Zones Trivia ("The Q Train")
1. Pacific; 2. Mountain; 3. Eastern; 4. Mountain; 5. Eastern; 6. Central; 7. Eastern; 8. Central; 9. Pacific; 10. Central.
1. Collar bone; 2. Robert Downey Jr.; 3. Africa; 4. Louisiana; 5. Ontario; 6. 128; 7. Washington, DC.
1. Montpelier, VT; 2. United Kingdom (Scotland); 3. fish; 4. Canada; 5. Butch Cassidy.