Saturday, April 21, 2012

Some People Have No Shame. Anything For Publicity.

There was one drawback to yesterday's celebration of the 100th anniversary of Fenway Park at the Fan Cave.

It was the presence of one of the worst media whores in New York. (And no, I'm not talking about myself.)

I will not name this person, as I don't want to give him any more publicity, which he undoubtedly craves.

When I got to the Fan Cave, he was first in line to get in. He loves to be "first in line" for everything, and get his name in the papers or on TV by talking to the media. (He's even been banned by a few outlets.) I saw him at the Riviera for Game 4 of the 2004 World Series, wearing a Red Sox shirt. (He's an admitted Yankee fan, according to his Wikipedia page. Yes, he has one.) He was acting like a crazy Sox fan, and did his best to get camera time early on in the game. But surprisingly (or maybe not) by the time the Red Sox won it all, he was gone.

We were watching the ceremonies, and he really pissed me off when he tried to get a "Who's Your Daddy" chant when Pedro Martinez came out. He was thankfully ignored, and gave up. I was so tempted to give this prick a piece of my mind, but out of respect to the Fan Cave people, I held my tongue and ignored him the rest of the day.

This man has no shame. I remember many years ago, he turned up at at least two 9/11 remembrances wearing a special shirt that really angered one of my friends, who lost a brother at the World Trade Center. The media whore lost no one on 9/11, but he'll do anything so he can tell people "Did you see me on TV?"

Fortunately, this idiot didn't ruin what was a wonderful day yesterday (the current Red Sox almost did that). As much as I detest the Yankees and many of their fans, I have a special place reserved for those who pose as Red Sox fans just to get publicity.

And that goes double for anyone who uses 9/11 to get face time.

Some people have no shame. Or conscience.


No comments: