Wednesday, June 28, 2006

The World Cup From Here On

The World Cup takes a break today and tomorrow, and the quarterfinals start on Friday. So now it's time to make predictions on how it will go from here. I'm not terribly good with predictions, but here goes:

Quarterfinals
Germany vs. Argentina: Germany takes this in a high scoring game, 3-2.
England vs. Portugal: England wins this in a "battle in the mud": 1-0.
Italy vs. Ukraine: Italy should win this easily: 2-0.
France vs. Brazil: Brazil in a close game, 2-1.

Semifinals
Italy vs. Germany: Tough contest, but the Germans are home and will take it, 2-1.
Brazil vs. England: England pulls a huge upset, 2-1. (Sorry, WelshSoxFan)

Final
Germany vs. England: Germany finally gets revenge for the "phantom" OT goal of 1966: 3-1.

Please don't make any bets on my predictions, as I won't be. And in the immortal words of Dennis Miller, "That's just my opinion, I could be wrong."

No comments: