Friday, June 09, 2006

More Fun And Frolic At PT

The Red Sox bounced back nicely from the two losses earlier this week at Yankee Stadium with a 9-3 win to conclude their long road trip. Jason Varitek had three hits including a three-run homer that iced the game for the Sox in the seventh inning. Curt Schilling won his league-leading ninth game of the year and seventh career game against the Yankees with a solid eight-inning performance. He allowed three solo homers and double, and that was all.

The trivia contest didn't happen at Professor Thom's last night, but the Tune Out YES promotion did, and my buddy Matt and I did two half-innings last night, including the sixth inning where the Sox got three runs to put them ahead to stay. The bar was packed last night, and it was the biggest crowd at PT's this week, and perhaps all season. The bar just rocked from the sixth inning on. It was fun going back behind the mic again last night, and Matt and I had a blast.

I want to thank all those people who came up to me and congratulated me on my performance. People said Matt and I make a great team! Everyone seemed to enjoy all of the Sox fans who participated in it from the 3rd to the 7th innings. They all did a great job, and Professor Thom's is going to make it a more regular feature.

I'm so glad to see so many people supporting Professor Thom's, as my friends do a great job making the bar a great place to hang out. It's reputation is growing, and I'm seeing more Red Sox fans in the bar who I've never seen before, which is great to see.

No comments: