Tuesday, July 18, 2006

Strange Coincidence?

Every Monday night I am the MC of Professor Thom's Trivia Night, and I make up 50 questions that I ask the bar patrons in the contest. I generally make up the questions on Sunday nights and Monday afternoons.

Yesterday I wrote up 10 "general knowledge" questions, and I got a few of them off of an Internet site I found. One of them was, "Who was the creator of the legendary fictional detective Mike Hammer?"

The answer of course was Mickey Spillane (most people did answer that question correctly). I pick up the newspaper this morning and I discover that Mr. Spillane died yesterday at his home in South Carolina at the age of 88.

Coincidence? Hmmmm.

Godspeed Mr. Spillane.

2 comments:

Michael Leggett said...

A Native of Brooklyn, No Less!

He even starred in an early "Miller Lite" Commercial.

WelshSoxFan said...

I noticed that this morning also. I thought maybe you had heard the breaking news before the quiz. Freaky!!