As expected, we had a small crowd in for Trivia Night on a special Monday edition. We had 10 teams take part, and just a few regulars were able to turn out, but I appreciate those of you who did.
Three teams were neck-and-neck all night, but the team of I Like My Hurricanes Like I Like My Women: Wet, Blustery and Gone By Time I Wake Up (who was also the Best Team Name winner) got 4 of 5 correct and wound up winning by just one point, with a total of 45. Another nice job by Dave and Anton.
Second place went to Your Move, New Orleans with 44 points, and third went to Hurricanes, Earthquakes, Trivia On Monday, Cats and Dogs Living Together. Mass Hysteria! with 42 points.
And again a reminder that return to out regular day and time next week, Tuesday, September 6th at 9 PM
1. Facebook reached a new milestone this past June as it reached this number of page views and is the most visited site on the Internet.
2. When Muammar Khadafy's Tripoli compound was overrun last week, a photo album of pictures of what American woman he apparently had a crush on was found?
3. More than 50 people were killed when two dozen gunmen burst into a casino in what country and set it on fire?
4. What troubled former MLB star was charged last week with indecent exposure for allegedly exposing himself to women he met on Craigslist?
5. What dramatic film, in its third weekend of release, was number one at the box office this past weekend?
6. Adam Levine, the lead singer of what rock band, ripped MTV's Video Music Awards show on Twitter, calling them "the one day a year when MTV pretends to care about music."
7. What Oscar-winning filmmaker's series on the rebuilding of Ground Zero debuted to good reviews on the Discovery Channel last Thursday?
August 29th Trivia
1. On this day in 1786, Shay's Rebellion took place, which was an armed uprising of farmers, in what current US state?
2. In 1966, the Beatles performed their last ever concert in what California city?
3. On this date in 1977, Lou Brock set a new record for stolen bases in MLB history with 893. What AL Hall of Famer's record did he break?
4. In 1944, 15,000 troops marched down one of the main streets of what European cityin celebration of its liberation from the Nazis?
5. In 1842 on this day, China and what other country signed the Treaty of Nanking, ending the first Opium War?
6. Olympic gold medal winner Bob Beamon was born in 1946. In what event at the 1968 Summer Olympics did he shatter the world record by a staggering 21 3/4 inches?
7. Oscar winning actress Ingrid Bergman died on this day in 1982. She won three Oscars in her career, and name 1 of the 3 films she won them for.
Storms Songs Trivia ("The Q Train")
1. Riders On The Storm (1971)
2. Rainy Day Women 12 & 35 (1966)
3. Kentucky Rain (1970)
4. Like a Hurricane (1975)
5. Rain (1966)
6. Rock You Like a Hurricane (1984)
7. Rainy Days and Mondays (1971)
8. The Rain Song (1973)
9. Who'll Stop The Rain (1970)
10. Blame It On The Rain (1989)
1. The disease scurvy is caused by a deficiency in what vitamin? ( 1 pt)
2. "Smells Like Teen Spirit" was a big hit for what rock band? ( 1 pt)
3. Au is the chemical symbol for which metal? ( 1 pt)
4. "Last of the Mohicans" was written by what author? ( 2 pt)
5. The vernal equinox marks the start of which season? ( 2 pt)
6. In which country is the headquarters of Interpol? ( 2 pt)
7. "Hercules In New York" was the first credited film role in 1969 for which actor? ( 3 pt)
1. What future Oscar winner once portrayed a dying baseball player in the 1973 film "Bang The Drum Slowly?" ( 4 points)
2. The town of Intercourse is found in what US state? ( 3 points)
3. What is the more common name for the disease? ( 4 points)
4. After the skin, what is the heaviest human organ? ( 4 points)
5. Omar Shamshoon was the name given to the main character in the Arabic version of what American TV series? ( 5 points)
1. 1 trillion; 2. Condoleezza Rice; 3. Mexico; 4. Lenny Dykstra; 5. "The Help;" 6. Maroon 5; 7. Steven Spielberg.
August 29th Trivia
1. Massachusetts; 2. San Francisco; 3. Ty Cobb; 4. Paris; 5. UK; 6. long jump; 7. Gaslight, Anastasia, Murder On The Orient Express.
Storm Songs Trivia
1. The Doors; 2. Bob Dylan; 3. Elvis Presley; 4. Neil Young; 5. The Beatles; 6. The Scorpions; 7. The Carpenters; 8. Led Zeppelin; 9. CCR; 10. Milli Vanilli.
1. C; 2. Nirvana; 3. gold; 4. James Fenimore Cooper; 5. spring; 6. France; 7. Arnold Schwarzenegger.
1. Robert DeNiro; 2. Pennsylvania; 3. chicken pox; 4. liver; 5. "The Simpsons."