We had seven teams come out on Wednesday night in what was a really was a spirited night of Trivia at Josie Wood's pub. The teams were really into it, and it's good to see everyone enjoying themselves.
The team of The Phone Screen had an impressive night, as the they got 8 of 10 correct in the first round, and were perfect the rest of the night, scoring an amazing 63 points. Congats to Matt and Larry on their victory. Second place went to Mike and the Eager Beavers, with 37 points.
Best Team Name: Buffalo Bill and The Blumpkins
True or False Trivia
1. The movie "Chariots of Fire" was set during the 1936 Summer Olympics.
2. Oleo is another name for margarine.
3. The Genie company is best known for a line of products that opens garage doors.
4. Chianti is a white wine.
5. The first novel featuring James Bond was Dr. No.
6. Ronald Reagan was the oldest person to become President of the United States at the time of his election.
7. Seaweed is a form of algae.
8. Apples are the world's most popular fruit.
9. About 1 in 10 people in the world live on an island.
10. The Bible is the most shoplifted book in the world.
Movie Heroes and Villains Trivia
1. Rooster Cogburn
2. Bill "The Butcher" Cutting
3. Andy Dufresne
4. Alex Forrest
5. Rick Blaine
6. Tommy DeVito
7. Ellen Ripley
8. Biff Tannen
9. Capt. John H. Miller
10. Little Bill Daggett
1. England's Victorian Era took place during most of what century? ( 1 pt)
2. W.C. Handy is considered the father of what type of music? ( 1 pt)
3. Gelato is an Italian type of what? ( 1 pt)
4. How many US states have coastlines on the Pacific Ocean? ( 1 pt)
5. Who was the first black male actor to star in a dramatic role on a television series? ( 1 pt)
6. What color is the applicator top on a bottle of Elmer's Glue-All? (1 pt)
7. According to the Girl Scouts, what is their bast-selling cookie? ( 2 pt)
8. In the 2000 Census, what US city ranked 4th in population, behind NYC, LA and Chicago? ( 2 pt)
9. What is the second largest city in England by population after London? ( 2 pt)
10. What Hollywood film director directed Michael Jackson's 1988 video "Bad?" ( 3 pt)
1. What Oscar-winning film was sarcastically called "Kevin's Gate" for much of its troubled production? ( 4 points)
2. In 1911, Harriet Quimby became the first American woman licensed to do what? ( 4 points)
3. The Galapagos Islands are part of which South American country? ( 4 points)
4. The Republic of San Marino is entirely surrounded by what European country? ( 3 points)
5. What unusual fact do authors Aldous Huxley and C.S. Lewis have in common with President John F. Kennedy? ( 5 points)
True or False Trivia
1. false, 1924; 2. true; 3. true; 4. false, red; 5. false, Casino Royale; 6. true; 7. true; 8. false, tomatoes; 9. true; 10. true.
Movies Heroes and Villains Trivia
1. True Grit (John Wayne or Jeff Bridges); 2. Gangs of New York (Daniel Day-Lewis); 3. The Shawshank Redemption (Tim Robbins); 4. Fatal Attraction (Glenn Close); 5. Casablanca (Humphrey Bogart); 6. Goodfellas (Joe Pesci); 7. Alien (Sigourney Weaver); 8. Back to the Future (Thomas Wilson); 9. Saving Private Ryan (Tom Hanks); 10. Unforgiven (Gene Hackman).
1. 19th Century; 2. blues; 3. ice cream; 4. five; 5. Bill Cosby; 6. orange; 7. Thin Mints; 8. Houston; 9. Birmingham; 10. Martin Scorsese.
1. "Dances With Wolves"; 2. Fly a plane; 3. Ecuador; 4. Italy; 5. They all died on the same day: November 22, 1963.