Tuesday, January 01, 2008

Everyone Comes to The Answer Man

We had one of the biggest days on New Year's Eve here at this site, as people from around the world came here looking for trivia connected with either New Year's Eve, New Year's Day or the year 2007. The site had 351 hits on Monday, and it was one of the Top 5 days we've ever had here.

Most people followed a link that sent them into the post I put up on Christmas Day about 2007 Trivia that was happening the next day. I put in a new line into it alerting those folks looking for trivia questions to go to my December 27th post that had the questions. I hope they were able to find them, and I thank all of you for being here yesterday.

Last night was pretty quiet for me, as I stayed in with some family and friends. At midnight we did a champagne toast, and then I went out to celebrate the New Year with some neighbors, who shot off some fireworks. That was really cool, as it was the first time we've had fireworks here in a long while. (Usually we'd just look up in the sky and see the fireworks shot off from either Prospect Park or Coney Island.)

Today will be pretty mellow as well. The Twilight Zone and The Honeymooners marathons continue on TV, along with a plethora of college football, and the outdoor hockey game from Buffalo. I hope you all enjoyed the New Year's holiday.

And remember, Trivia Night returns to Professor Thom's tomorrow night at 9, with more New Year's Trivia questions!

4 comments:

Jere said...

My latest thing: Fearing that I'll get to the point where I've seen every TZ episode. I mean, I've obviously been close for years now, but every once in a while I'll see one which I hadn't seen beginning to end yet. I'm afraid of this eventuality, but, hey, there are bigger fears to have in life.

Suldog said...

Happy New Year, Q!

BklynSoxFan said...

Hope you had a Happy New Year too, Suldog!

There's ALWAYS a Twilight Zone episode I haven't seen, Jere...Something comes along that I see that I don't remember seeing before. (Some of the hour-long ones I have never seen all the way through.) But when I have seen every one of them, I'll be secure in the knowledge I will have finally covered them all.

BklynSoxFan said...

But I pretty sure I've seen all the half-hour shows.

I think...