Wednesday, December 06, 2006

Be Careful Where You Let Your Wind Go Free

I saw this story on the Boston Globe's web site this morning. It was just too good not to share with my faithful readers.

Flatulence forces plane to land
December 5, 2006
NASHVILLE, Tenn. --It is considered polite to light a match after passing gas. Not while on a plane.

An American Airlines flight was forced to make an emergency landing Monday morning after a passenger lit a match to disguise the scent of flatulence, authorities said.

The Dallas-bound flight was diverted to Nashville after several passengers reported smelling burning sulfur from the matches, said Lynne Lowrance, spokeswoman for the Nashville International Airport Authority. All 99 passengers and five crew members were taken off and screened while the plane was searched and luggage was screened.

The FBI questioned a passenger who admitted she struck the matches in an attempt to conceal a "body odor," Lowrance said. She had an unspecified medical condition, authorities said.

"It's humorous in a way but you feel sorry for the individual, as well," she said. "It's unusual that someone would go to those measures to cover it up."

The flight took off again, but the woman was not allowed back on the plane. The woman, who was not identified, was not charged in the incident

Well, yet another new reason for people to be thrown off planes these days.


Anonymous said...

That story's a real "Gas"!

KAYLEE said...

great news on lester.i screamed when i heard it(in a good way)read my post on my blog about it.

Peter N said...

But the good thing for the passengers was that everyone forced to alter their schedules got a coupon good for one free month of natural gas...from their homestate gas company!!!.....Heaven sent for the winter chill to come. Am I serious? I have a pet turkey! Not.