We had a full bar watching the Celtics defeat in Miami on Tuesday night, and when it concluded, 17 teams took part in Trivia Night. (I stayed outside a good part of the night as the regulars were coming to Thom's, just to let them know that yes indeed, a night of Trivia was going to happen.)
It was a noisy night in the bar, and you could guess who was a common theme in the team names. We only did four categories due to starting at 10 PM, but I was glad so many people stayed until the end.
It was close throughout the night, but the team of In a Final Act of Terrorism, Osama Bin Laden Blew Up My Facebook Newsfeed wound up winning, as they came from third place but running the table in IQ Trivia to snatch a four point victory with a total of 40. My congratulations on their victory.
Second place went to Seal Team 3.14, and third went to Buncher Smackers with 35 points.
It looks like next week's Trivia Night will happen on Tuesday, May 10th at 9 PM. The Bruins may have a Game 6 playoff game that night should their series progress that far. Check back to my blog for more updates. Keep your fingers crossed.
Best Team Name: The Miami Heat Fans, At The Table To My Left, Suck
1. What MLB team accidentally distributed a file containing info on more than 20,000 season ticket holders to a select list of recipients by email last week?
2. What world capital city's officials announced last week that the first gay pride parade in the city's history will take place next month?
3. Cam Newton, a QB from Auburn, was selected as the number one pick in the NFL Draft by what NFC team?
4. What comedian recently pulled out of performing at a charity function hosted by Donald Trump over his remarks about President Obama, and got into a feud with The Donald?
5. What action star is set to play the famed black country music singer Charley Pride in an upcoming film about the singer's life?
6. Actress Katie Holmes settled her lawsuit with what tabloid magazine after they suggested that she was a drug addict?
7. What comic book superhero will apparently renounce his US citizenship in an upcoming edition?
1. Which US state does Tijuana share a border with?
2. Within five, how many states does Mexico have?
3. What country did Mexico defeat on May 5, 1862 at the Battle of Puebla, which the Cinco de Mayo holiday commemorates?
4. True or False: Mexico is the largest Spanish-speaking nation in the world in population.
5. What is Mexico's second largest city, after Mexico City?
6. In 1821, what country did Mexico declare its independence from?
7. Mexico's flag is three colors: white and what other two?
1. What is Canada's largest city in population? ( 1 pt)
2. Area 51 is located in what US state? ( 1 pt)
3. "Remember the Maine" was the rallying cry to what 19th century war? ( 1 pt)
4. In what year did Yuri Gagarin become the first man in space? ( 2 pt)
5. The Nehru jacket was named after a prime minister from what country? (2 pt)
6. What island is the largest in the Caribbean? ( 2 pt)
7. In Morse Code, 5 dots means the number 5. What number is represented by 5 dashes? ( 3 pt)
1. Mookie Blaylock, a former NBA player, was the original name of what 1990s superstar rock band? ( 4 points)
2. What Oscar-winning actor has played a number of doctors in his films, portraying Dr. Sayer, Dr. Carlisle, Dr. Kosevich, Dr. Adams, and Dr. Nielsen? ( 3 points)
3. What pop singer wrote a 1985 autobiographical song called "Bruce," about being mistaken for Bruce Springsteen? ( 5 points)
4. Who was the only heavyweight boxing champion to finish his career undefeated? ( 4 points)
5. The dong is the currency of what Asian country? ( 4 points)
1. New York Yankees; 2. Moscow; 3. Carolina Panthers; 4. Jerry Seinfeld; 5. Dwayne Johnson ("The Rock"); 6. Star; 7. Superman.
1. California; 2. 31; 3. France; 4. true; 5. Guadalajara; 6. Spain; 7. green and red.
1. Toronto; 2. Nevada; 3. Spanish-American War; 4. 1961; 5. India; 6. Cuba; 7. zero.
1. Pearl Jam; 2. Robin Williams; 3. Rick Springfield; 4. Rocky Marciano; 5. Vietnam.