The crowd was down from last week at The Mad Hatter, probably due to the change of days, as it was the first time we had done Trivia on a Wednesday night at The Mad Hatter. I appreciate those of you who changed your schedules and were able to come out. Thank you always.
First place was won by I Made $40K and Lost $50K Today with 50 points. They ran the table in IQ Trivia and got the win. Second place was won by The Highlight of Our Week Is Trivia Night with John Quinn (Guess who won for Best Team Name?) with 45 points. And third place went to Hummus and Haggis with 26 points.
Special announcement about next week: The Mad Hatter will be undergoing renovations for most of next week and will be closed from Monday through Wednesday. So Tuesday Night Trivia will be taking next week off, and will return the following week, on Tuesday night, June 4th at 8 PM. I look forward to seeing you then!
1. What US state became the 12th state to enact a same-sex marriage bill when its governor signed it last week?
2. What Middle Eastern country's ruling clerics banned 30 women from running for the nation's presidency this coming June?
3. The mayor of what North American city was allegedly seen on a 90-second video smoking crack cocaine last week and it was captured by a man who supposedly supplied the drug to him?
4. What R&B singer is suing the British company Topshop for $5 million over her image appearing on a t-shirt they put out she says they didn't get her permission to be on?
5. A topless painting of what late TV sitcom actress was sold at auction in New York last week for $1.9 million?
6. What American regained the title of "World's Richest Person" with a fortune estimated at over $72 billion, and he last had that title in 2007?
7. Dick Trickle died of a self-inflicted gun shot wound last week at the age of 71. For what sport did Mr. Trickle make his name in?
1. What female singer was awarded the title of Top Radio Songs artist of the 2000s by Billboard magazine in 2009?
2. What NFL team won the Super Bowl three times in the 2000s?
3. What country launched its first manned space mission in October 2003?
4. In 2008, the Republic of Kosovo gained its independence from what European country?
5. The first iPhone was released by Apple in what year of the last decade?
6. In 2000, what rocker won 8 Grammy awards, tying Michael Jackson's 1983 record for a single performer?
7. Name 2 of the top 5 grossing films of the decade of the 2000s in the US.
Comedy Film Characters Trivia ("The Q Train")
1. Jonathan Mardukas
2. Dottie Hinson
3. Ron Burgundy
4. Mona Lisa Vito
5. Al Czervik
6. Dr. Peter Venkman
7. Clark Griswold
8. Axel Foley
9. Penny Lane
10. Hedley Lamarr
1. What is Queen Elizabeth II's husband's name? (1 pt)
2. "On the Origin of Species" was written by what 19th century Englishman? ( 1 pt)
3. How many moons does Mars have? ( 1 pt)
4. James Oglethorpe founded what southern US state in 1731? ( 2 pt)
5. What heavyweight boxing champion was nicknamed "The Brown Bomber?" ( 2 pt)
6. "Alligator pear" is another name for what type of fruit? ( 2 pt)
7. A person who is a polemicist is skilled at what? ( 3 pt)
1. In 2008, what western US state had the highest rate of teenage pregnancy in the US, 93 per 1,000 teens? ( 5 points)
2. What American film studio was co-founded by Charlie Chaplin in 1919? ( 4 points)
3. What R&B/jazz legend holds the record for the most Grammy nominations in a career with 79? ( 4 points)
4. "Rubber" and "duplicate" are the two most common variants of what game? ( 3 points)
5. What is the predominant religion practiced on the Indonesian island of Bali? ( 4 points)
1. Minnesota; 2. Iran; 3. Toronto; 4. Rhianna; 5. Bea Arthur; 6. Bill Gates; 7. Auto racing.
1. Beyonce; 2. New England; 3. China; 4. Serbia; 5. 2007; 6. Santana; 7. "Avatar", "The Dark Knight," "Shrek 2", "Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest," "Spiderman."
Comedy Movie Characters Trivia ("The Q Train")
1. "Midnight Run;" 2. "A League of Their Own;" 3. "Anchorman;" 4. "My Cousin Vinny;" 5. "Caddyshack;" 6. "Ghostbusters;" 7. "Vacation;" 8. "Beverly Hills Cop;" 9. "Almost Famous;" 10. "Blazing Saddles."
1. Prince Philip; 2. Charles Darwin; 3. two; 4. Georgia; 5. Joe Louis; 6. avocado; 7. debating.
1. New Mexico; 2. United Artists; 3. Quincy Jones; 4. bridge; 5. Hinduism.