Thursday, June 10, 2010

More On That Birdbrain Nats Fan Last Night

The Washington Post had an article on that guy who threw back the home run ball that Stephen Strasburg gave up Tuesday night.

Security nearly tossed him out but the other Nats fans saved his ass, and security relented. Like at Fenway, Nationals Park doesn't allow fans throwing balls back on the field. Good for them.

Because of the hoopla surrounding Strasburg, a memorabilia dealer figures that home run ball might be worth as much as $1,000.

Good move, pal.

The Nats fans actually considered this guy to be some kind of "hero" for "watching Strasburg's back." As you may know, I have always hated that stupid trend the Cubs fans began some years ago of throwing opposition home runs back on the field.

I have never gotten a ball at a game in the decades I have been going to games, and it is still my hope before I die that I get one. And it doesn't matter if it's fair or foul, or hit by the opposition or my team. If I were ever at Wrigley and got an opponent's homer in the bleachers, you'd have to force me at gunpoint to get me to release it.

It goes home to my trophy case, and it stays there.

With thanks to my friend Lisa for bringing this article to my attention.

No comments: