Tuesday, January 06, 2009

Two Excellent Baseball Clips For a Cold Day



Well, it's January 6th, and it's cold outside, and it's going to be cold for a few more months here in New York. For me, the football season is over as the Vikings season ended on Sunday. (But I will keep a close watch on the NFL playoffs and especially how the Giants do.) So now my attention turns more towards baseball. There's a lot of free agents out there as the Hot Stove continues to burn. And pitchers and catchers will begin reporting in a little more than 5 weeks. (Please check my countdown clock for instant updates.)

So to get you readers in more of a baseball mood, above you will find a YouTube clip of one of the funniest moments ever involving baseball, namely the Abbott and Costello classic clip of "Who's On First" from their 1945 film "The Naughty Nineties." It's a routine that never fails to make me laugh out loud, as Bud the manager tries to convince Lou of the "names" of his St. Louis baseball team.

It's just over six minutes long, and it's worth every second to watch. I just wish it was longer.

And speaking of funny baseball clips, you can never go wrong with the famous George Carlin routine of "Baseball vs. Football" as George does a comparison of my two favorite sports. I've had it here before, but it's certainly worth putting up again. It is from one of his standup shows from 1990. Enjoy.

No comments: