Sunday, November 21, 2010

Vikings Torch Another Season, Embarrass Loyal Fans

Once again, I'm glad I missed another Minnesota Vikings game on Sunday.

It was another low point in the history of the franchise.

They were whacked by their division rival Green Bay Packers, 31-3, at home in the Metrodome, their worst home loss in 9 years. (And that game cost Dennis Green his job that year. A portend of things to come?) They are now 3-7, and 10 losses is a possibility from a team that many predicted would win the NFC North. Absolutely abominable.

It will now be 34 years and counting since their last Super Bowl appearance.

The players have basically quit on a terrible coach. And they were seen sniping at each other on the sidelines during this awful loss.

When will Zygi Wilf finally act and pull the plug on the Brad Childress Era? I'd really be surprised if Childress is still employed at this time tomorrow.

Again, I'm embarrassed to call myself a Minnesota Vikings fan.

No comments: