Thursday, November 27, 2008

Have a Happy Thanksgiving



I hope that all of you out there have a wonderful Thanksgiving Day. I'll be celebrating it at my sister's house this year, enjoying turkey and pumpkin pie, as I do every year. I'll be listening to "Alice's Restaurant" by Arlo Guthrie on the radio (Q104.3 here in New York) at noon, watching the Detroit Lions and the Dallas Cowboys on TV in the afternoon, and later that night I'll be checking out "A Charlie Brown Thanksgiving" on ABC. I have always had a soft spot in my heart for the Peanuts gang, and I do my best not to miss the major holiday specials they are in. (The above YouTube clip is from the classic special, when the gang gathers around the ping pong table to have their meal. Enjoy.)

And of course, I am very thankful for a lot of things. I am so thankful for all those Americans putting themselves in harm's way overseas to protect our freedom, and I pray for all of their safety and that they return home soon. I am also so thankful to all of my family and friends. I am also especially thankful for them considering what I went through earlier this month, and I thank God for them every day, and that I am just about fully recovered now.

Have a great time everyone. And thank you, too.

You can get anything you want at Alice's Restaurant
You can get anything you want at Alice's Restaurant
Walk right in it's around the back
Just a half a mile from the railroad track

You can get anything you want at Alice's Restaurant.

2 comments:

Peter N said...

And a happy and HEALTHY Thanksgiving to you and yours too. I'm so happy you're mending well. Be happy and eat!

BklynSoxFan said...

I hope you have a wonderful Thanksgiving too, Peter. Thanks for the kind words as always!