Thursday, November 08, 2007

Sarge and Wake



I found this on YouTube tonight, and many of you Red Sox fans hopefully saw this live, like I did at Professor Thom's. Right after the Red Sox won the World Series last week, Don Orsillo was interviewing Tim Wakefield about what it was like to win the Series a second time, when Mike Timlin walked over and talked into the camera about what a great teammate and a first-class individual Wake is.

It was an incredible moment, one of my favorites in any postseason. Wake was on the verge of bursting into tears, and I wasn't the only one at Thom's who got a little choked up at what Sarge said.

Mike Timlin and Tim Wakefield maybe two of the Red Sox' "grand old men," but they are also two of the classier players in MLB.

My thanks to Cynsspot for posting this at YouTube.

No comments: