Thursday, February 07, 2013

I Am No Longer Associated With Professor Thom's

My association with Professor Thom's bar in Greenwich Village ended on Wednesday night, and I will no longer be doing Trivia there any more.

Let's just say that "upper management" and I were not on the same page, and I was tired of my Trivia regulars and I being jerked around and treated like second class citizens. More and more I felt unappreciated, and that a major change was coming. (Thom's does have many good people working there, and I still consider them friends.)

For me, there was lots of tension at Thom's, and it made doing Trivia a less enjoyable experience. (When it all ended last night, I actually felt like I had been released from prison when I walked out the door.) Before my friend Chris Wertz left the bar in 2011, we had Trivia Night clicking on all cylinders. His departure brought in a "black cloud" onto Trivia Night, and it never really lifted. I came extremely close to quitting last May because of it, but I hung on because of the great support I received from those of you who enjoy my Trivia Night. I have always loved doing Trivia there for over six years. I have met some truly wonderful people there, and I can't begin to tell you how much I have appreciated your loyalty and devotion.

I take great pride in not only my Trivia Night, but also in all of you have enjoyed it over the years. It's not easy to pull it all together, but it was always worth it because of the support I received from the regulars. But last night, it was abused and disrespected, and I simply could tolerate it no more. Time to find a new and better place to enjoy it.

As of right now, I will be searching for a new Trivia Night location, and hopefully it will be in Greenwich Village on the same Tuesday night. I will keep you all updated on progress as we come closer to a new place to hold it at.

In the hours after my departure, I have received some truly wonderful messages of support from my many Trivia regulars. Deep in my heart I was so touched by them all. You all made Trivia Night such a wonderful experience for me. I love each and every one of you.

Once again, I am hoping to find a new bar soon. I will also be posting at my Facebook page, "The Mighty Quinn's Trivia Empire." I wish all of you the best, and hopefully we will all be doing more Trivia Q&A very soon.

3 comments:

DJ Gary Titus said...

You'll be an instant success to the place you go to next John, and your regulars will follow you!

BklynSoxFan said...

Thanks so much, Gary! Looking forward to the new challenge, and speaking with you soon.

Larry Fleisher said...

Looking forward to the new venue John!