We had 16 teams in on a night that brought out a number of Red Sox fans for the Orioles game. We actually halted Trivia Night for about 15 minutes midway in so we could watch Jonathan Papelbon walk the tightrope in the ninth. I appreciate all of the Trivia players indulgence with this.
This might have been the easiest night of Trivia I have ever done. The scores were extremely high all night (except for the Q Train), with a load of perfect scores for the final two rounds. We had 7 teams with perfect scores in the last round, with the team of Stephen Hawking's Workout Video Jam getting 54 points and making Trivia Night. They became the forst team ever to get every question correct, and "pitched a perfect game." Congratulations to them on their great win.
And I promise tougher questions next week.
Second place went to My Other Microphone Is a Pink Karaoke Machine, and they won a tie-breaker with Marcus Bachman's Honor Students, as both had 53 points.
Best Team Name: If Chris Christie Jumps Into The Race, He'll Crush Everyone
Important Note: Next week's Trivia Night is tentatively scheduled for next Tuesday, October 4th at 9 PM. If the Red Sox have a playoff game that night, we will move to Trivia to a new day and time. Check back with this blog for updated details.
1. Who did Forbes magazine say was the richest person in the US, with a worth of $59 billion, for 2011?
2. What American rock band announced they were officially splitting up after 32 years together?
3. Pope Benedict XVI made a state visit to which European country last Thursday?
4. Which Republican candidate for president won Florida's straw poll last Saturday with an amazing 37% of the vote?
5. Boeing delivered to All Nippon Airways in Japan, the first of what numbered airplane, after delays of over three years?
6. What country decreed last Sunday that women will for the first time have the right to vote and run in local elections in 2015?
7. Patrick Makau of Kenya set a new record for marathon running with a time of 2:03:38 in what European city last Sunday?
Universities Trivia (Name the State)
3. Wake Forest
4. James Madison
5. Oral Roberts
6. Air Force Academy
7. Johns Hopkins
Oscar Winners' Film Trivia ("The Q Train")
1. Whoopi Goldberg
2. Tommy Lee Jones
3. Helen Mirren
4. William Hurt
5. Charlize Theron
6. George Clooney
7. Robert Duvall
8. Helen Hunt
9. Nicolas Cage
10. Jennifer Hudson
1. Hepatitis affects what organ of the human body? ( 1 pt)
2. Professor Moriarty was the arch-enemy of what fictional character? ( 1 pt)
3. A male goose is called what? ( 1 pt)
4. "The Jungle Book" was written by what English author? ( 2 pt)
5. What was the name of Othello's wife in the famous Shakespeare play? ( 2 pt)
6. What color is the cross on the Swedish flag? ( 2 pt)
7. What series of movies features a detective named Riggs? ( 3 pt)
1. Ulaanbaatar is the capital of what country? ( 5 points)
2. Which NFL team holds the all-time record for most consecutive losses, with 26? ( 3 points)
3. Which celebrity was found dead of a drug overdose outside the Viper Room in Los Angeles? ( 4 points)
4. According to the US Postal Service, to whom is the most outgoing mail addressed to annually? ( 4 points)
5. What is the number one selling trademarked board game of all-time? ( 4 points)
1. Bill Gates; 2. REM; 3. Germany; 4. Herman Cain; 5. 787; 6. Saudi Arabia; 7. Berlin.
1. New York; 2. Pennsylvania; 3. North Carolina; 4. Virginia; 5. Oklahoma; 6. Colorado; 7. Maryland.
Oscar Winners Film Trivia ("The Q Train")
1. Ghost; 2. The Fugitive; 3. The Queen; 4. Kiss of the Spider Woman; 5. Monster; 6. Syriana; 7. Tender Mercies; 8. As Good As It Gets; 9. Leaving Las Vegas; 10. Dreamgirls.
1. liver; 2. Sherlock Holmes; 3. gander; 4. Rudyard Kipling; 5. Desdemona; 6. yellow; 7. "Lethal Weapon."
1. Mongolia; 2. Tampa Bay Bucs; 3. River Phoenix; 4. Santa Claus; 5. Monopoly.