We actually had a loud and at times rowdy crowd in at Josie Wood's on Wednesday night, and the team of Gang Green wound up winning overall with 33 points, a five point win over Team Quiz On My Face.
Trivia Night will NOT be happening at Josie Wood's next week, as there is a party scheduled for the bar. We will be back in two weeks, on Wednesday night, October 5th at 9 PM.
1. Which of these countries were officially neutral during WWII? a. Switzerland; b. Ireland; c. Greece; d. Canada.
2. Which of these films starred Will Ferrell? a. Semi-Pro; b. Step Brothers; c. Blades of Glory; d. Bewitched.
3. Which of these US presidents also served as vice-president? a. John Adams; b. Dwight D. Eisenhower; c. Theodore Roosevelt; d. John F. Kennedy.
4. Which of these actors/actresses have never won an Oscar? a. Robert Duvall; b. Angelina Jolie; c. Julia Roberts; d. Tim Robbins.
5. Which of these states were not in the Original 13 Colonies? a. Tennessee; b. Georgia; c. Florida; d. Kentucky.
6. Which of these cities has never hosted a Super Bowl? a. San Francisco; b. Minneapolis; c. Atlanta; d. Houston.
7. Which of the following albums were recorded by Green Day? a. Disciplined Breakdown; b. Kerplunk; c. American Idiot; d. Riot Act.
Oscar Winners' Films Trivia
1. Paul Newman
2. Faye Dunaway
3. Jeremy Irons
4. Kathy Bates
5. Geoffrey Rush
6. Catherine Zeta-Jones
7. Christopher Walken
8. Cate Blanchette
9. Kevin Kline
10. Rachel Weisz
1. A solo performance in an opera is called what?
2. What famous comet recently made appearances in 1910 and 1986?
3. What US state has the largest population?
4. What pop group had a number one hit in the late 1970s with "Stayin' Alive?"
5. In what state was the former president Bill Clinton born?
6. Santo Domingo is the capital of what Caribbean nation?
7. How many sides does a trapezium have?
8. Brazil declared their independence from what country in 1822?
9. What character from Peanuts famously played the piano?
10. According to the Gospel of Luke, what angel appeared to Mary and announced her impending pregnancy?
1. Victoria is the capital of what Canadian province? ( 3 points)
2. The chemical symbol Fe stands for what in the Periodic Table? ( 4 points)
3. Titania is the largest moon of what planet? ( 4 points)
4. In what state is the largest national park in the US found? ( 4 points)
5. Which foreign capital city in 2007 was given the dubious title "Kidnapping Capital of the World?" ( 5 points)
1. a,b; 2. all; 3. a,c; 4. none; 5. c,d; 6. a; 7. b,c.
Oscar Winners' Films Trivia
1. The Color of Money; 2. Network; 3. Reversal of Fortune; 4. Misery; 5. Shine; 6. Chicago; 7. The Deer Hunter; 8. The Aviator; 9. A Fish Called Wanda; 10. The Constant Gardener.
1. aria; 2. Halley's Comet; 3. California; 4. Bee Gees; 5. Arkansas; 6. Dominican Republic; 7. four; 8. Portugal; 9. Schroeder; 10. Gabriel.
1. British Columbia; 2. iron; 3. Uranus; 4. Alaska; 5. Baghdad.