Friday, October 28, 2011

11

Congratulations to the St. Louis Cardinals on winning their 11th World Series championship, 6-2. It was a terrific Series. I feel badly for the Texas Rangers fans out there, especially my pal Jaco in Florida, the biggest Rangers fan I know.

I know exactly how you feel, buddy. Believe me, I do.

And for Cardinals fans, it was a magic ride to another title. 10 1/2 games back on August 25th, and they win it all. I especially congratulate my old friend Steve, who hired me for Tower Records in Greenwich Village in 1984. He's the biggest Redbird fan I know.

So, which was worse: the way the Red Sox season ended, or the way the Texas Rangers season ended?

David Freese (pictured) won the World Series MVP. The Cardinals join the Red Sox as the only teams to win two World Series in the 21st century. Welcome to the club.

Pitchers and catchers report in 109 days. It can't come soon enough for me.

No comments: