Wednesday, February 09, 2011

"Certifiably Jonathan" Opens This Friday

A good friend of mine, Matt Fortnow, has been working on a project for six years that is finally coming to fruition called "Certifiably Jonathan", which is a film taking its audience on "a surreal trip through the mind of a comedy legend", namely that of the great Jonathan Winters.

The film also features such comedy stars as Jimmy Kimmel, Tim Conway, Howie Mandel and Rob Reiner.

I've been looking forward to seeing the film, which is released this Friday. I will be going to a screening on Friday at the Quad Cinemas in Manhattan, at 34 West 13th Street, and it will be there for a one week run, and I will of course be talking about it here on my blog after I see it.

(BTW, my pal Matt is still the only person I have ever known who was confident the Red Sox would come back after being down 0-3 to the Yankees in the 2004 ALCS to win.)

Here's more on the film at its official web site.

And here is the film's trailer:



BTW, did you know that many of Jonathan's fans have been trying to get NBC to have him host Saturday Night Live? Well, now you do. It's been gaining steam on Facebook. They are also having a rally at NBC in Rockefeller Center later today at 4 PM to promote the cause.

Thanks for all the laughs, Mr. Winters.

No comments: