Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Hoped For Just a Respectable Game. Silly Me.

An absolutely ugly night for the Vikings at Lambeau Field on Monday night. The Green Bay Packers once again proved they are the class of the NFL: 45-7.

I was really hoping for a respectable game from the Vikings. I sure didn't get it. No discipline from the Vikings, as they committed penalty after penalty. Offensive line was awful, as Christian Ponder looked like he was harried by Green Bay all night.

Packers at times looked like they were toying with the Vikings.

This game brought back bad memories of the worst season in Vikings history: 1984. Remember Les Steckel, the one-year head coach that season? I've done my very best to forget him.

The Vikings finished 3-13 in 1984. I wouldn't be surprised if this team matches that. The Vikings are simply a bad football team.

It's going to be a long way back to respectability for this team, folks.

No comments: