Tuesday, August 29, 2006

Memories Of Better Times


These are dark times for all of us in Red Sox Nation. The 2006 season is literally unravelling before our eyes. More and more it looks like we're going to have to look forward to the 2007 season. But before we do that, I thought it was time to bring out a special memory from November 12, 2004.

I was at the Yale Club with the BLOHARDS that day, as being a member of the group, I heard they were sponsoring a World Series Championship Trophy viewing at the Yale Club in Manhattan, across from Grand Central Station.

It was absolutely brilliant. The trophy was absolutely gorgeous. Fans applauded as two men brought in the The Holy Grail wearing gloves. Red Sox fans lined up to have pictures taken with it. Myself and my friends waited over 30 minutes, but we finally got pictures with it, both solo and together. It was one of the most special memories of my life.

My buddies and I were also photographed by a NY Post photographer, and our picture appeared along with a story about the NY viewing two days later.

I have decided that on the day I die, I want the above photo to be enlarged, placed on an easel and put right next to my casket. As my loved ones and friends are paying their last respects to me, I want them to see me at absolutely one of the finest moments of my life.

That goes double for all the Yankee fans I've known and loved.

I know I will be smiling someplace when that happens.

3 comments:

Peter N said...

How great a pic, and a post, was that!!! And I was perusing on baseballnooze when I saw it. Readers....baseballnooz.com is a great place! And Q, thanks, as always...peter

BklynSoxFan said...

My pleasure Peter. I love Baseball Nooz too, and I've read some pretty good articles from there as well.

Michael Leggett said...

Great Photo:

DFYankees once charged to have fans appear with the Trophy;

Must've been for George's Tip Money!