Saturday, August 11, 2007

Zest Ad Featuring the '86 AL Cy Young/MVP Winner



Here's a real blast from the past. The YouTube video above was sent to me by my friend Adam, and it's a Zest soap commercial from 1987, featuring one Roger Clemens. He had just won the 1986 AL Cy Young and MVP awards, so this was one of the perks of that: the endorsements. (And I never knew he had such a great singing voice!) I would bet Ol' Rog would be cringing today if he got a peek at this.

And boy, doesn't he look much younger, and a lot thinner in this commercial?

2 comments:

Michael Leggett said...

Ahhh, The Dayton Doughnut Never Sounded So Young

Anonymous said...

Heh. I remember that commercial when it first aired. My guess is there's a whole lot of lip-synchin' going on there.

I was a lot younger and thinner, back in 1986, too, but at least I look like the same person. You couldn't tell that guy singing about being "Zestfully Clean" was the same guy today in a Skanks uniform these days...roid disfigurement?