Sunday, January 23, 2011

Steelers-Packers For All The Marbles

Earlier today, my father asked me who I would be rooting for in the NFC championship game between the Green Bay Packers and Chicago Bears. Well, since both teams swept my Minnesota Vikings in 2010, I could only come up with one answer.

Neither.

Like the Iran-Iraq War of the 1980s, I had no one to root for in this battle. But the Packers are on one of those postseason rolls, and I'm not surprised they clipped the Bears, 21-14.

Boy, if you had said to me in August that two teams from the NFC North would be playing for the NFC title, I would have bet my very existence that the Vikings would have been one of those teams.

I had a feeling it would be a tight contest between the Jets and Steelers for the AFC championship. I was about to give up on the game when the Steelers rolled out to a 24-0 lead just before the half. But the Jets came back and played a nice second half, and nearly pulled off a terrific comeback. But the Steelers will go to their 8th Super Bowl with the 24-19.

Super Bowl XLV should be a great game, with two classic teams matched up. Green Bay is a 2 1/2 point favorite so far.

I'll take the Steelers winning Super Bowl number 7. Or should that be VII?

No comments: