Sunday, January 16, 2011

Foot Man 28, Mumbles 21

It's a rough day for all of you out there who are New England Patriots fans, and you have my sympathies. Getting beaten by a rival from New York in an important postseason game is never an easy thing to handle.

They were simply outplayed by a hungrier Jets team, especially when the Jets were on defense.

Tonight's loss takes me back to when the Pats lost to the Giants in the Super Bowl in 2008. I was in Professor Thom's and my Pats fan friends were all down and depressed. But I left them with this when I departed.

The last time I saw my team, the Minnesota Vikings, even in a Super Bowl was in January, 1977, a week after my 15th birthday. And that is 31 (now 34) years and counting. So, how many Super Bowl rings does Tom Brady and his teammates currently own?

And now, the Vikings are coming off a truly miserable season, finishing at 6-10 and tied for last. The Pats this season finished 14-2 and fooled a lot of experts who thought they might be on the decline. So there's a lot to look forward to for next season.

Don't forget too, on this terrible day for you, that Carl Crawford and Adrian Gonzalez report to Spring Training in about five weeks.

That should make you feel just a little bit better, no?

No comments: