Friday, August 31, 2007

From the Newest Yankee Headhunter

From today's Boston Globe:

"I have all the respect in the world for that team," Joba Chamberlain said. "There's no way I'm trying to do that. I'm not trying to send that kind of message. That's not what I'm about. I was just trying to let a couple loose. We're trying to pound the zone and hopefully sneak one by him. A couple slipped and that's that. It probably will never happen again."

Chamberlain insisted, "First time I've been ejected. There was nothing behind it. I wasn't trying to do anything."

Yeah, right pal. He sounded very much like that "I've got some swamp land in Florida and a bridge in Brooklyn to sell you, and the dog ate my homework" nonsense you hear from someone trying to skirt around the truth.

Actually, Chamberlain's lame explanations sound like something directly out of The Roger Clemens School of Bullshit Excuses for Throwing at Opponents' Heads. And, Chamberlain's locker in the clubhouse is right next to Clemens' too.

Wow, what a coincidence.

We'll see you at Fenway in two weeks, rookie.

2 comments:

Michael Leggett said...

I wonder if they ALSO share the same, untraceable Injectables

Steel36 said...

Looks like "Joba The Hutt" made his bones.