Friday, August 31, 2007

A Special Freedom Walk

I got this email this morning:

The Scout troops 442 of St Brendan’s RC Church located on Avenue O and East 12th Street, Brooklyn NY will be having a Freedom Walk on Sunday, September 9th 2007 at 10AM in Honor of the victims of 9/11 and Our military for their efforts in keeping us free. This walk is being done to keep alive the memory of what happened on 9/11 and to honor our fighting men. The walk will begin in front of St. Brendan’s Church on Avenue O and will continue through Ocean Parkway to the Boardwalk in Brighton Beach then down the Boardwalk to KeySpan Park’s Memorial Wall where a small service will take place.

I post this on my blog today because 35 years ago I was a scout at St. Brendan's Church. (35 years ago? Did I really just write that?) It was really nice to hear that they will be doing something special to honor the 9/11 victims and our military on September 9th, so I thought I would give them a special mention on my blog today.

Good luck to all of you taking part in the walk that day. It's a very nice way to remember Our Heroes.

No comments: