Monday, August 27, 2007

He Looks Younger Without The Goatee

My friend Adam in Maine sent me a great photo this morning, one of Red Sox captain Jason Varitek back in 1984, when he played in the Little League World Series championship game for Altamonte Springs, Florida against Seoul, South Korea.

Unfortunately, Tek and his Florida pals came up a little short that day, losing to Seoul, 6-2. Tek played shortstop, third base and catcher in three Little League World Series games that year. He went 0 for 7 in the tournament.

I wonder what Young Tek was saying into the microphone that day to ABC. I could just imagine it could have been something like, "I want to be captain of the team that pulls off the greatest postseason comeback on the most arrogant sports franchise in the history of American sports."

If so, Tek got his wish.

No comments: