Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Kayreoke Returns Tonight

At Professor Thom's tonight, the wildly-popular Kayreoke, where fans get to call half-innings of Red Sox games, will be back for the Red Sox-Devil Rays game. (We will be getting the NESN broadcasters feed, so I hope Don and Jerry will forgive us.) We will probably start around the third inning, depending on how many people sign up. I will once again by your genial host for all the festivities. It's always a lot of fun, so I hope you can come and join us and take at shot at calling the action.

And, as an added incentive, the filmmakers from Bombo Films will be in to film for the third time for an upcoming documentary that will be out some time early next year. It's about the 2007 Sox and their fans. (They are the same people who made the "Still, We Believe" movie, about the 2003 Red Sox. The new film is a follow up to the previous one.) So, come in and get famous!

On Thursday night, we will be having a showing at the bar of the DVD of "Impossible to Forget: The Story of the 1967 Red Sox," which I was interviewed for. I have not yet seen it, put I hear it turned out very well. The viewing will begin at 7 PM, as the Red Sox-White Sox game will start just after 8 PM. And at 9 PM, the Boston Teabag Party will take place in The Loft above the bar at Professor Thom's. It's a great night where Boston-area comedians take center stage and show off their talents.

Here's more on the DVD: http://www.amazon.com/Impossible-Forget-Story-Boston-Red/dp/B000PC1PAM

It's a busy time at Professor Thom's the next few days, so I hope you can join in on the fun.

2 comments:

MattySox said...

I've seen the DVD, and you look great! I was watching it, and I had to rewind...I said to my wife, "Jesus, there's the Mighty Quinn!"

Also, my buddy Ryan from DC may look you up at Prof. Thom's- he's moving to NYC tomorrow, and he's a great Sox fan. I told him to find you and tell you I said, "Hi..." Take good care of him!

BklynSoxFan said...

Thanks for the compliment, Matty, as I really appreciate it. Can't wait to see the DVD for the first time on Thursday night...

I look forward to meeting Ryan at some point. I'll be at Thom's for all three games against the Yankees next week. That would be a great introduction to Thom's if he comes to one of those games, as there will be a huge (as well as raucous) crowd all three games!