We had another good crowd in for Trivia on Tuesday night, with 13 teams playing, and another night of many people on each team. The scores were really good for Black and White Trivia (I guess I made that too easy), and rather low for IQ Trivia (I guess I made that too hard), as five teams didn't answer even one question correctly. But we ended up having a tie for first place, the first time that has happened in a long time. Both DIMS and Turkey Club ended up with 45 points, so we had a tie-breaker question: "How many windows does the Empire State Building have in total?" The answer is 6,514, and the team of Turkey Club was closest in their guess, so they won the night. Congrats to Bob and Cato on the victory.
Third place went ot Nuclear Winter Games: Seoul 2018 with 42 points.
Best Team Name: Yoko O'Know It Alls
1. What man recently passed Bill Gates as the world's richest person, and is worth $105 billion, the richest man ever?
2. What female pop singer was chosen to sing the National Anthem at next month's Super bowl in Minneapolis?
3. A 7.6 magnitude earthquake struck off the coast of what Central American country last Wednesday?
4. What Oscar-winning actor went on an epic rant during an awards show in NYC last week, calling President Trump "baby-in-chief" and "jerkoff-in-chief?"
5. What retail chain announced that it will be increasing employees' starting hourly wage from $9 to $11 per hour, but will also be closing dozens of stores in the mean time?
6. Variety magazine said last week that what Oscar-winning actor will star in Quentin Tarantino's upcoming film based on the life of Charles Manson?
7. What male R&B singer posted an Instagram video of his 3-year-old daughter with his pet monkey and it led authorities to seize the monkey because he had no permit and he could face jail time?
Black and White Trivia
1. What cocktail is made with vodka, coffee liqueur and cream?
2. The All Blacks are New Zealand's national team for what sport?
3. What was the name of the fast-food restaurant Harold and Kumar always wanted to go to in their movie series?
4. Fergie was the only female member of what hip-hop group?
5. What 1982 hit song by Billy Idol is often considered to be his most popular song?
6. What disease reached its peak in 14th century Europe?
7. The novels "Charlotte's Web" and "Stuart Little" were written by what author?
The Q Train: Name the Month
1. Germany surrenders to the US in WWII in 1945.
2. Autumn begins in the Northern Hemisphere in this month.
3. The Boston Marathon is always held in this month.
4. The Roe vs. Wade abortion decision by the Supreme Court is handed down in 1973.
5. "Saturday Night Live" debuts on NBC in 1975.
6. Fathers Day and Flag Day are celebrated in this month.
7. Women's History Month and Pi Day occur in this month.
8. Neil Armstrong and Buzz Aldrin are the first men to walk on the Moon in 1969.
9. Guy Fawkes Day is celebrated in the UK every year in this month.
10. The Zodiac signs Leo and Virgo occur together in this month.
1. The Iran-Contra scandal occurred during what president's administration? ( 1 pt)
2. In the US, a 100 proof bottle of liquor contains what percentage of alcohol? ( 1 pt)
3. Through what part of their bodies do crickets hear? ( 1 pt)
4. "That Thing You Do" was a feature film directed by what actor in 1996? ( 2 pt)
5. Recorded over 3000 times, what Beatles song was originally titled "Scrambled Eggs?" ( 2 pt)
6. "The Best a Man Can Get" is the slogan for what company? ( 2 pt)
7. According to Shakespeare, who said, "Friends, Romans, countrymen, lend me your ears?" ( 3 pt)
1. In what country does Mount Kosciuszko claim the title as the highest mainland mountain? ( 4 points)
2. Martin Luther King Day was the most recent national holiday, signed into law in 1983. What national holiday is the second most recent, becoming one in 1968? ( 4 points)
3. What supermodel testified about blood diamonds at the criminal trial of Liberian dictator Charles Taylor in 2012? ( 4 points)
4. In 1946, the US attempted (and failed) to buy what strategically located island from a European ally for $100 million? ( 5 points)
5. What actor founded the Sundance Film Festival in 1978? ( 3 points)
1. Jeff Bezos; 2. Pink; 3. Honduras; 4. Robert DeNiro; 5. Walmart; 6. Leonardo DiCaprio; 7. Chris Brown.
Black and White Trivia
1. White Russian; 2. rugby; 3. White Castle; 4. The Black Eyed Peas; 5. "White Wedding;" 6. The Black Plague; 7. E.B. White.
The Q Train: Name the Month Trivia
1. May; 2. September; 3. April; 4. January; 5. October; 6. June; 7. March; 8. July; 9. November; 10. August.
1. Ronald Reagan; 2. 50; 3. legs; 4. Tom Hanks; 5. "Yesterday;" 6. Gillette; 7. Mark Antony.
1. Australia; 2. Columbus Day; 3. Naomi Campbell; 4. Greenland; 5. Robert Redford.