Sunday, September 12, 2010

Tough Day

Didn't see any of Notre Dame's 28-24 loss to Michigan yesterday, but Michigan QB Denard Robinson was a one-man wrecking crew, accounting for 505 yards of offense, including an 87-yard rush for a TD in the second quarter, which was the longest run from scrimmage in the history of Notre Dame Stadium.

Is that really true? No running back has ever run for at least a 90-yard TD in that fabled place? I was shocked to hear that.

Anyway, ND is now 1-1 and faces Michigan State in East Lansing next weekend.

I got home last night to see another Red Sox defeat in Oakland. They left runners everywhere, including the bases loaded in the first. John Lackey pitched six shutout inning before allowing 3 runs in the seventh, and the A's went on to a 4-3 win. The season can't end soon enough for me.

Before I hit the sack, I saw Mariano Rivera's meltdown in Texas, as he walked two batters, and the so-called greatest closer of all-time gave up a game-tying double to Ian Kinsler, then hit Jeff Francoeur with the bases loaded on the first pitch to give the Rangers the victory.

And, I was at Ground Zero yesterday. It was another difficult, emotional day, with a very large turnout on a beautiful day.

I was proud to be there.

No comments: