Friday, September 17, 2010

A Brooklyn Tornado?

Last night, I was in Manhattan at Professor Thom's doing a special night of trivia for a private party. As I was leaving my house around 5 PM, the skies began getting darker and a storm was on its way.

It was raining by the time I got off the subway, but it wasn't too bad, so I didn't think too much of it. But later I heard that funnel clouds were reported in Brooklyn and Queens, and the quick-moving storm did some serious damage. (My neighborhood was basically untouched.)

A few years back, we had a tornado touch down in Bay Ridge, and that caused some damage as well. This morning, I found a clip on YouTube that a couple of guys who saw the funnel-like storm and captured it on film. I believe this is in Carroll Gardens section of Brooklyn.

BTW, lots of four-letter words and "dudes" in this clip:

No comments: