Sunday, May 10, 2009

Mom

In honor of Mother's Day, I'd like to share this beautiful poem by T.L. Nash with you (my thanks to the wonderful folks at The Voices of September 11th, who sent it to me a few days ago):





What is a Mother's Love?

A mother's love is many things.
she is a teacher and a friend,
someone to guide you through right and wrong,
someone to listen and understand.

She can comfort you like no other,
holding you in her arms.
She can fill your spirit with confidence and encourage your unsure heart,
She can bring a smile to your saddened face,
wipe away your tears,
love you regardless of the faults you have,
and stand by you throughout the years.

A mother's love is many things,
and one thing is quite sure,
a mother's love is special,
for no one can love like her.

Happy Mother's Day to all of you who are mothers out there, and especially to my Mom. I am extremely blessed, as I couldn't have had a better mother. I love you very much.

No comments: