We had our thirteenth edition of Facebook Live Trivia Night on Thursday, and another good crowd turned out for it. And it's so nice to see so many of the same people tuning in week after week! And we had another Trivia Night with no interruptions, which is always a good thing. We had a close finish, but Jen Kilburn, who had a perfect score through the first three rounds, held on for the win with 50 points. Congrats to you and your team, Jen! Have a Happy 4th of July weekend, everyone, and I'll see you next Thursday night!
July 4th Trivia
1. Which two US presidents, both signers of the Declaration of Independence, died on July 4, 1826?
2. Which Asian country was granted their independence on July 4, 1946?
3. Ron Kovic, a Vietnam vet and peace activist, was born on July 4, 1946. What actor portrayed him in a movie based on his life?
4. "Alice's Adventures In Wonderland", this author's most famous work, was published on July 4, 1865?
5. Israeli commandos, on July 4, 1976, raided Entebbe Airport in what African country and rescued hostages being held by terrorists?
6. The Battle of Vicksburg was won by the Union during the Civil War on July 4, 1863. What southern state is Vicksburg located in?
7. What playwright, who authored such plays as "The Odd Couple" and "Lost In Yonkers", was born on July 4, 1927?
1. What US state has the longest border with Canada?
2. Of Canada's three largest cities, which one is located on an island?
3. At nearly 600,000 square miles, what is Canada's largest province?
4. What is Canada's largest religious denomination?
5. What was the last Canadian city to host an Olympic Games?
6. Who was the last Canadian hockey team to win a Stanley Cup?
7. What eastern Canadian province was the last to join the Canadian confederation in 1949?
The Q Train: Red, White and Blue Flags Trivia (Yes or No)
7. Dominican Republic
1. Who named his fast-food chain after his daughter Wendy? ( 1 pt)
2. What city was supposed to host the 2020 Summer Olympics Games before they were postponed? ( 1 pt)
3. How many chambers are there in the human heart? ( 1 pt)
4. What medical condition often causes sufferers to suddenly and unexpectedly fall asleep? ( 2 pt)
5. Before becoming a film star, actress Claire Danes starred on what TV show? ( 2 pt)
6. If you were standing on Mars watching the sunset, what color would the sky around the sun appear? ( 2 pt)
7. What South American country has had the most Miss Universe winners, with 7? ( 3 pt)
1. The world's oldest active volcano is located in what country? ( 4 points)
2. Art Fleming was the original host of what TV game show? ( 3 points)
3. What 20th century artists's work has been stolen more than any other's, with over 500 of his works still listed as missing? ( 5 points)
4. What country was once known as New Holland? ( 4 points)
5. In 1993, what late comedian regularly called the cast of the film "Schindler's List" to "cheer them up?" ( 4 points)
July 4th Trivia
1. John Adams and Thomas Jefferson; 2. The Philippines; 3. Tom Cruise; 4. Lewis Carroll; 5. Uganda; 6. Mississippi; 7. Neil Simon.
1. Alaska; 2. Montreal; 3. Quebec; 4. Roman Catholic; 5. Vancouver; 6. Montreal Canadiens (1993); 7. Newfoundland.
The Q Train: Red, White and Blue Flags Trivia
1. Yes; 2. no; 3. no; 4. yes; 5. no; 6. yes; 7. yes; 8. no; 9. yes; 10. no.
1. Dave Thomas; 2. Tokyo; 3. four; 4. Narcolepsy; 5. "My So-Called Life;" 6. Blue; 7. Venezuela.
1. Italy (Mount Etna); 2. Jeopardy; 3. Pablo Picasso; 4. Australia; 5. Robin Williams.