We had another great turnout for our fifteenth edition of "Facebook Live Trivia Night" on Thursday night, and thankfully no technical glitches of freezes. We had first time winners with Nancy and Jack Sullivan, who are known as Jaknan, and are also my sister and my brother-in-law. They rolled up 51 points and the win. Congrats Nancy and Jack! See you all next Thursday night!
Pop Music Trivia
1. What rock singer played a bar owner in the 1998 English gangster film "Lock, Stock and Two Smoking Barrels?"
2. Shawn Corey Carter is the real name of what rap star?
3. What female pop singer starred for three seasons in the reality TV series "Newlyweds?"
4. According to Billboard, who was the top selling album artist of the 1970s in the US?
5. Who replaced David Lee Roth as Van Halen's lead singer in 1986?
6. Andrew Ridgeley was a member of what 1980s pop group?
7. What rock star was killed in a helicopter crash in Wisconsin in 1990?
1. What is the smallest planet in our solar system?
2. What was the last Apollo mission to the Moon in 1972?
3. Within 5 million, how many miles from the Sun is Earth?
4. On July 20, 1976, Viking I became the first spacecraft to land where?
5. When Voyager I was sent into deep space in 1977, what 1950s rock and roll legend's song was included on it as an example of the sounds of Earth?
6. In 1962, who was the first American astronaut to orbit the Earth?
7. What physicist gained worldwide fame with his best selling book about space, "A Brief History of Time?"
The Q Train: Oscar Winners Film Trivia (Name the Film)
1. Whoopi Goldberg
2. Tommy Lee Jones
3. Helen Mirren
4. William Hurt
5. Charlize Theron
6. George Clooney
7. Robert Duvall
8. Helen Hunt
9. Nicolas Cage
10. Jennifer Hudson
1. How many squares are there on a standard chess board? ( 1 pt)
2. What foreign city was the home to the first Hard Rock Cafe? ( 1 pt)
3. The world's longest border is between what two countries? ( 1 pt)
4. What soft drink did John Pemberton create in 1886? ( 2 pt)
5. What musician received the Nobel Prize for literature in 2016? ( 2 pt)
6. At over 2300 miles, what is the longest river in the US? ( 2 pt)
7. Which of the original 13 states was the last to ratify the Constitution? ( 3 pt)
1. What is the only US state name that can be typed using just one row of the traditional QWERTY keyboard? ( 5 points)
2. In what religion would you find the gods Vishnu and Ganesha? ( 4 points)
3. What place in the US has the most suicides in history occurred at? ( 4 points)
4. What actor made his screen debut playing a corpse in the 1984 film "The Big Chill?" ( 3 points)
5. In the second century BC, what was the first city in the world to reach a population of one million? ( 4 points)
Pop Music Trivia
1. Sting; 2. Jay Z; 3. Jessica Simpson; 4. Elton John; 5. Sammy Hagar; 6. Wham!; 7. Stevie Ray Vaughan.
1. Mercury; 2. 17; 3. 93 million; 4. Mars; 5. Chuck Berry; 6. John Glenn; 7. Stephen Hawking.
The Q Train: Oscar Winners Film Trivia
1. Ghost; 2. The Fugitive; 3. The Queen; 4. Kiss of the Spider Woman; 5. Monster; 6. Syriana; 7. Tender Mercies; 8. As Good As It Gets; 9. Leaving Las Vegas; 10. Dreamgirls.
1. 64; 2. London; 3. US and Canada; 4. Coca-Cola; 5. Bob Dylan; 6. Missouri; 7. Rhode Island.
1. Alaska' 2. Hinduism; 3. Golden Gate Bridge; 4. Kevin Costner; 5. Rome.