We had another terrific turnout of Trivia folks for Thursday night's eleventh edition of Facebook Live Trivia Night, and the best news of all is that we had absolutely NO technical problems during the hour! We had a good race to the finish but last night's champions were my cousin Michael and his wife Lauren (aka Team FinniQuinn), who rolled up 40 points and took the night with their first win. Congrats guys!
Mob Movies Trivia
1. Robert DeNiro won his first Academy Award for what mob film?
2. The book "Wiseguy" was the basis for what 1990 mob film?
3. "Kill The Irishman" was a 2011 gangster film about mobster Danny Greene and his rise in the underworld in what US city?
4. In what mob film did Al Pacino portray a low level mobster named Lefty Ruggiero?
5. Martin Scorsese won his first Oscar for directing what mob film?
6. What actor portrayed gangster Frank Lucas in the 2007 film "American Gangster?"
7. Oliver Stone co-wrote what 1983 mob film?
1. What actor/director directed the 2006 film "Flags of Our Fathers?"
2. Which of the Founding Fathers was the founder of the New York Post in 1801?
3. What month of the year is Fathers Day in the UK?
4. What 19th century biologist was known as "the father of evolution?"
5. Gene Hackman was the original first choice to play the father of the family in what beloved 1970s TV series?
6. What actor played the father of the bride in the 1991 film of the same name?
7. "Dance With My Father" was a 2003 song and the last top 40 hit song for what late R&B singer?
The Q Train: Colleges and Universities Trivia (Name the State)
3. The Citadel
8. Wake Forest
1. How many degrees are in a right angle? ( 1 pt)
2. What US state borders both Wyoming and Missouri? ( 1 pt)
3. What is the most frequently transplanted human organ in the US? ( 1 pt)
4. Henry Kissinger served as secretary of state under which two presidents? ( 2 pt)
5. On the TV series "Dallas", what was the name of the ranch the Ewing family lived on? ( 2 pt)
6. Which is the only continent without an active volcano? ( 2 pt)
7. What sport would you make use of a cart called a sulky? ( 3 pt)
1. The Maurice Podoloff Trophy is awarded every year in what team sport? ( 5 points)
2. What was the first US state to join the Union after the Original 13? ( 4 points)
3. What movie star did Egypt ban in June 1956 when she converted to Judaism? ( 4 points)
4. About 90% of the world's licorice is used not for candy but in what non-edible consumer product? ( 4 points)
5. The Allegheny and Monogahela rivers join together to form the Ohio River at what US city? ( 3 points)
Mob Movies Trivia
1. The Godfather Part II; 2. Goodfellas; 3. Cleveland; 4. Donnie Brasco; 5. The Departed; 6. Denzel Washington; 7. Scarface.
1. Clint Eastwood; 2. Alexander Hamilton; 3. June; 4. Charles Darwin; 5. The Brady Bunch; 6. Steve Martin; 7. Luther Vandross.
The Q Train: Colleges and Universities Trivia
1. Wisconsin; 2. California; 3. South Carolina; 4. Washington; 5. Pennsylvania; 6. Georgia; 7. Nebraska; 8. North Carolina; 9. Connecticut; 10. West Virginia.
1. 90; 2. Nebraska; 3. kidney; 4. Richard Nixon and Gerald Ford; 5. Southfork; 6. Australia; 7. harness racing.
1. Basketball (NBA); 2. Vermont; 3. Marilyn Monroe; 4. cigarettes; 5. Pittsburgh.