We had another fine turnout of Trivia Players for last night's tenth edition of "Facebook Live Trivia Night." And for the third straight week we had the problem of my iPhone freezing in the middle of the TRivia. We actually ended up in the backyard to finish the evening, and I had to hustle as night was falling! One of my neighborhood cats was with me as I completed the Trivia, and I'm sure she got a bang out of it! Last night's high score went to Francine Hamilton, who got 48 points and her second win. My congratulations to her. As far as next Thursday night goes, we'll give it another go from my backyard, and my fingers are crossed that the weather will hold! (So far the forecast looks pretty good.) Have a great week, everyone!
1. What Saturday Night Live cast member left the show in 1994 after having been in a record 153 shows?
2. What rock band performed the opening theme to the TV show "The Big Bang Theory?"
3. What groundbreaking 1970s TV series was based on an English series called "Til Death Do Us Part?"
4. "I Want to Believe" was a phrase featured on a poster in what 1990s TV series?
5. What 2000s TV drama series was set on Wisteria Lane?
6. What movie actor was famously murdered by Tony Soprano with a 12-gauge shotgun on a 2004 episode of "The Sopranos?"
7. Ending its run in 2010, what TV drama was the longest-running crime drama in the history of American TV?
1. What FLA city is the oldest European settlement in North America?
2. What FLA port city was the busiest military port in the USA during the 1991 Gulf War?
3. Name 1 of the 2 teams that train during Spring Training in Ft. Myers, Florida.
4. What drink was first developed at the University of Florida in the 1960s?
5. Within 5, how many US House of Representatives members does Florida have in 2020?
6. Which is the largest island in area in the Florida Keys?
7. Which Spanish explorer is credited with being the first European to set foot in FLA in 1513?
The Q Train: Classic 20th Century Novels (Name the Decade)
1. Harry Potter and The Sorcerer's Stone (J.K. Rowling)
2. The Color Purple (Alice Walker)
3. Angela's Ashes (Frank McCourt)
4. One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest (Ken Kesey)
5. 1984 (George Orwell)
6. Beloved (Toni Morrison)
7. To Kill a Mockingbird (Harper Lee)
8. The Great Gatsby (F. Scott Fitzgerald)
9. The Godfather (Mario Puzo)
10. The Shining (Stephen King)
1. What country is the Taj Mahal located in? ( 1 pt)
2. Who won an acting Oscar for the film "Shakespeare In Love?" ( 1 pt)
3. What disease must you have had already in order to get shingles? ( 1 pt)
4. The Statue of Liberty is coated with a thin layer of what metal? ( 2 pt)
5. What was the name of Michael Jackson's chimpanzee? ( 2 pt)
6. Prince William Sound is located in what US state? ( 2 pt)
7. How many flowers are included in the design imprinted on Oreo cookies? ( 3 pt)
1. The largest pyramid in the world is found in what country? ( 4 points)
2. What European capital city began in ancient times as a settlement called Lutetia? ( 4 points)
3. What is the only Best Picture Oscar winner to spawn a hit TV series, which ran on network TV in the 1990s? ( 5 points)
4. What male rock star is the only artist to have a song in the Billboard Top 40 Singles chart every year from 1970 to 1999? ( 3 points)
5. In 1975, what sport banned lefthanders from participating for safety reasons? ( 4 points)
1. Phil Hartman; 2. Barenaked Ladies; 3. All In The Family; 4. The X-Files; 5. Desperate Housewives; 6. Steve Buscemi; 7. Law and Order.
1. St. Augustine; 2. Jacksonville; 3. Red Sox and Twins; 4. Gatorade; 5. 27; 6. Key Largo; 7. Ponce deLeon.
The Q Train: Classic 20th Century Novels
1. 1990s (1997); 2. 1980s (1982); 3. 1990s (1996); 4. 1960s (1962); 5. 1940s (1948); 6. 1980s (1987); 7. 1960s (1960); 8. 1920s (1925); 9. 1960s (1969); 10. 1970s (1977).
1. India; 2. Gwyneth Paltrow (I also accepted Judi Dench); 3. Chicken Pox; 4. copper; 5. Bubbles; 6. Alaska; 7. 12.
1. Mexico; 2. Paris; 3. In the Heat of the Night; 4. Elton John; 5. polo.