We had another good turnout of folks for our eighth edition of "Facebook Live Trivia Night." But when the fourth round ended, we had some technical difficulties, so we had to start a second time, and thankfully everyone bore with the problem and stayed. The overall winner was Brad Cook, one of my old Trivia regulars who is now back home in Melbourne, Australia. Brad rolled up 47 points and got his first ever win. We also had three other teams get 45 points, so it was close heading to the finish. Hopefully, everything goes off without a hitch next week. See you then!
1. On December 13, 2013, what female pop singer released an album with no advanced notice, at midnight and initially only available digitally through the iTunes store?
2. What actor picked up an Emmy nomination for "True Detective" and also won an Oscar, both in 2014?
3. What sitcom ended its nine-year run in 2014 and the finale we saw that Ted Mosby may have ended up with Robin Scherbatsky after all?
4. Who was the only team to win three World Series titles in the 2010s?
5. In 2011, the FBI's Most Wanted Fugitive, James "Whitey" Bulger, a Boston mobster on the run for 16 years, was captured in what US state?
6. What 2015 film was the top grossing movie of the 2010s in the US?
7. What NBA team won the most titles in the 2010s?
New York City Trivia
1. What NYC bridge was named in honor of former mayor Ed Koch in 2011?
2. What is the oldest department store on 5th Avenue, which has been in operation since 1826?
3. What is the longest-running Broadway show of all-time?
4. Who was elected mayor of NYC in November 2001?
5. Which of NYC's boroughs is the largest in area?
6. What Brooklyn-born singer attended Erasmus Hall High School with Barbra Streisand?
7. The most stolen honorary street sign in NYC is named in honor of what NY-born rock star, who died in 2001?
The Q Train: TV Moms Trivia (Name the Show)
1. Jill Taylor
2. Lois Griffin
3. Sophia Petrillo
4. Samantha Stevens
5. June Cleaver
6. Elizabeth Jennings
7. Claire Dunphy
8. Maggie Seaver
9. Peggy Bundy
10. Marion Cunningham
1. "I see dead people" is a famous line from what 1999 film? ( 1 pt)
2. How many NFL teams currently play their home games in New York state? ( 1 pt)
3. What American city is sometimes called the "City of the Big Shoulders?" ( 1 pt)
4. What is Paul McCartney's middle name? ( 2 pt)
5. Deimos and Phobos are moons of what planet? ( 2 pt)
6. The Lord of the Rings trilogy was filmed in what country? ( 2 pt)
7. What is the southernmost state capital in the continental US? ( 3 pt)
1. Who had the first, and so far only, cover of a Beatles song to hit number one on the Billboard Hot 100? ( 4 points)
2. What was the most recent movie that won the Oscar for Best Picture but was not nominated for Best Director? ( 4 points)
3. Luzon is the largest island in what Asian country? ( 4 points)
4. Rome's airport is named in honor of what 16th century Italian man? ( 3 points)
5. The sclera is found where on the human body? ( 5 points)
1. Beyonce; 2. Matthew McConaughey; 3. "How I Met Your Mother;" 4. San Francisco Giants; 5. California; 6. "Star Wars VII: The Force Awakens;" 7. Golden State Warriors (3).
New York City Trivia
1. Queensboro (59 Street) Bridge; 2. Lord and Taylor (I tossed the question out when I discovered the store closed last year, so everyone got one point); 3. "Phantom of the Opera;" 4. Michael Bloomberg; 5. Queens; 6. Neil Diamond; 7. Joey Ramone.
The Q Train: TV Moms Trivia
1. Home Improvement; 2. Family Guy; 3. Golden Girls; 4. Bewitched; 5. Leave It to Beaver; 6. The Americans; 7. Modern Family; 8. Growing Pains; 9. Married With Children; 10. Happy Days.
1. "The Sixth Sense;" 2. One (Buffalo Bills); 3. Chicago; 4. Paul (first name James); 5. Mars; 6. New Zealand; 7. Austin, TX.
1. Elton John; 2. "Green Book"; 3. The Phillippines; 4. Leonardo da Vinci; 5. Eyes (white part).