We had another terrific turnout of folks for our sixth "Facebook Live Trivia Night" last night, with the high of 34 people tuned in. The night belonged to Francine Hamilton, who rolled up 47 points and got the win. Congrats, Francine! The next two highest scores went to The Jabooties and Billy and Danielle DePasquale, who each had 46 points. Another great time was had by all, and see you on Facebook next Thursday!
1. What film, released in 1993, became the highest-grossing movie of all-time, passing "E.T." ("Titanic" broke its record in 1997)?
2. Wayne Greztky retired in 1999 as hockey's greatest player, as a member of what team?
3. What girl group of the 1990s sung the theme song to the sketch comedy TV show "All That?"
4. What pop single, released in 1997, sold 33 million worldwide to become the best selling single of all-time?
5. What was the only MLB team to make it to the playoffs every year from 1991-99, except the strike year of 1994?
6. Who was the best selling rap/hip hop artist of the 1990s?
7. What 1993 bestseller by Robert James Waller was later made into a film by Clint Eastwood?
1. Who was the frontman for the rock band "The Mothers of Invention?"
2. What country in the world did Mother Teresa do most of her charity work with the poor?
3. Who in the Bible is credited with being "Mother of all things living?"
4. Mother Love Bone was a late 1980s band from the Northwest and two members would form what superstar band in the 1990s?
5. Natalie Suleman, known as the "Octomom", came into prominence in 2009 when she gave birth to how many children?
6. "The mother of all battles has begun" is a statement credited to what onetime world leader?
7. In Spain, Mothers Day is celebrated in what month?
The Q Train: Comedy Movie Characters Trivia (Name the Film)
1. Jonathan Mardukas
2. Dottie Hinson
3. Axel Foley
4. Mona Lisa Vito
5. Al Czervik
6. Peter Venkman
7. Steve Stifler
8. Hedley Lamarr
9. Penny Lane
10. Biggus Dickus
1. What fictional character's nose grew longer when he was lying? ( 1 pt)
2. Calgary is a major Canadian city found in what province? ( 1 pt)
3. In the Bible, who famously denied Jesus three times before the cock crowed? ( 1 pt)
4. The Ganges River runs through India and what other Asian country? ( 2 pt)
5. What is the most commonly used letter in the English language? ( 2 pt)
6. What is the largest artery in the human body? ( 2 pt)
7. Canyonlands National Park is located in what western US state? ( 3 pt)
1. What classic board game did a schoolteacher names Eleanor Abbott invent in the 1940s? ( 4 points)
2. Which Democratic US president is the only president who never met with Queen Elizabeth II during her reign as monarch? ( 4 points)
3. What event did Prince Albert of Monaco compete in at the 2002 Winter Olympics at Salt Lake City? ( 5 points)
4. Who is famous for the sculpture he made called "The Thinker?" ( 3 points)
5. What man was famously arrested, at least initially, for the murder of a police officer named J.D. Tippit? ( 4 points)
1. "Jurassic Park;" 2. NY Rangers; 3. TLC; 4. "Candle In The Wind;" 5. Atlanta Braves; 6. Tupac Shakur; 7. "The Bridges of Madison County."
1. Frank Zappa; 2. India; 3. Eve; 4. Pearl Jam; 5. eight; 6. Saddam Hussein; 7. December.
The Q Train: Comedy Movie Characters Trivia
1. Midnight Run; 2. A League of Their Own; 3. Beverly Hills Cop; 4. My Cousin Vinny; 5. Caddyshack; 6. Ghostbusters; 7. American Pie; 8. Blazing Saddles; 9. Almost Famous; 10. Life of Brian.
1. Pinocchio; 2. Alberta; 3. Peter; 4. Bangladesh; 5. E; 6. aorta; 7. Utah.
1. Candy Land; 2. Lyndon Johnson; 3. Four man bobsled; 4. Auguste Rodin; 5. Lee Harvey Oswald.