We moved Trivia up to Professor Thom's Loft last night, as both the Bruins and Celtics had playoff games at the same time. It was an enjoyable night there, as we had 13 teams turn out, and just about all the seats and tables in the Loft were filled. (We also had some Celtics fans up there, as their playoff game sound was broadcast in the Loft, as the Bruins had priority downstairs.) It was a night for Ken from DIMS, who went under the name "Ken Solo". He was alone and had a great night, rolling up 50 points and the win. He led throughout the evening, and got 4 of 5 correct in IQ Trivia, taking the night by 7 points. Congrats, Ken.
Second place went to Just An Old Fascist Love Song (who won for Best Team Name as well) with 43 points, and we had a tie for third place between Why Can't George RR Martin use Twitter? He Killed Off All 140 Characters and I Can't Say That, It'll Spoil Game of Thrones with 34 points. We broke the tie with "How much did the average American wedding cost in 2018?" The answer was $44,105 (wow), and I Can't Say That, It'll Spoil Game of Thrones was closest and won third place.
BTW, next week we will return to our usual spot downstairs, as neither the Celtics nor the Bruins will be scheduled to play next Tuesday night, no matter how either of their playoff series goes. See you then!
1. Volodymyr Zelensky, an actor and comedian, won the presidential election in what eastern European nation in a landslide last week?
2. Rodrigo Duterte, president of what Asian country, has threatened Canada that his nation will "declare war" against them if they don't take back electronic and household waste that Canada mailed to them in 2014?
3. The estate of what late pop singer announced last week that they will be releasing a 15-track album called "originals", unreleased songs he gave to other artists that became hits?
4. What Oscar-winning actor was named the villain in the next upcoming untitled James Bond film, the 25th in the franchise's history?
5. A panel of three federal judges ruled last week that 34 congressional and state legislative districts in what Midwest state were gerrymandered and unconstitutional?
6. Kyler Murray, the Heisman Trophy-winning QB from Oklahoma, was selected number one in the 2019 NFL Draft by what team?
7. Richard Lugar, GOP senator from what Midwest state from 1977-2013, died on Sunday at the age of 87?
1. The novel "The Three Musketeers" was written by what French author?
2. Between Bordeaux, Marseilles and Cannes, which French city is not on the Mediterranean Sea?
3. Marie Antoinette was the wife of what French king?
4. What river flows through the city of Paris?
5. What are the three colors on the French flag?
6. How many times has France's national soccer team won the World Cup?
7. What is the second largest city in France after Paris?
The Q Train: Seinfeld Quotes Trivia
1. The jerk store called, they're running out of you!
2. But I don't want to be pirate!
3. I've driven women to lesbianism before, but never a mental institution.
4. I need a secure packaging of Jockeys. My boys need a house!
5. It seems a psychotic mechanic has absconded with my friend's car.
6. The sea was angry that day, my friends, like an old man trying to send back soup in a deli.
7. Boy, these pretzels are making me thirsty.
8. You know what would make a great coffee table book? A coffee table book about coffee tables!
9. You're through, Soup Nazi. Pack it up. No more soup for you!
10. Did you know that the original title for "War and Peace" was "War,What Is It Good For?"
1. Who was the original host of the US version of "Who Wants to Be a Millionaire?" ( 1 pt)
2. What country experiences the most tornadoes? ( 1 pt)
3. What actor was one-half of the rock duo "Tenacious D?" ( 1 pt)
4. Bill Gates dropped out of what college to pursue Microsoft full time? ( 2 pt)
5. Robert Moog revolutionized music by designing a popular model of what electronic instrument? ( 2 pt)
6. Coit Tower is located in what US city? ( 2 pt)
7. The Titanic was built in 1912 in what current UK city? ( 3 pt)
1. Philo Taylor Farnsworth is generally credited with the invention he received a patent for in 1930? ( 4 points)
2. What 20th century US president signed the Standard Time Act into law, creating the time zones across the US? ( 5 points)
3. What sport awards a $10 million payout to the winner of the Fed Ex Cup? ( 3 points)
4. A person suffering with a piloerection has what condition? ( 4 points)
5. What celebrity attempted to trademark the phrase "Adonis DNA" in 2011? ( 4 points)
1. Ukraine; 2. The Philippines; 3. Prince; 4. Rami Malek; 5. Michigan; 6. Arizona Cardinals; 7. Indiana.
1. Alexandre Dumas; 2. Bordeaux; 3. Louis XVI; 4. Seine; 5. Red, white and blue; 6. Two (1998 and 2018); 7. Marseilles.
The Q Train: Seinfeld Quotes Trivia
1. George; 2. Jerry; 3. George; 4. Kramer; 5. Elaine; 6. George; 7. Kramer; 8. Kramer; 9. Elaine; 10. Jerry.
1. Regis Philbin; 2. USA; 3. Jack Black; 4. Harvard; 5. synthesizer; 6. San Francisco; 7. Belfast.
1. Television; 2. Woodrow Wilson; 3. golf; 4. goosebumps; 5.Charlie Sheen.