We had the biggest crowd of the year in for Trivia on Tuesday night, 19 teams taking part in a full bar, which was great to see. We had a tight race heading into General Knowledge, with five teams separated by just three points, but the boys from DIMS made their move, pulling away from the pack with a perfect round, and wound up winning the night with 49 points. Congrats to Ken and Darek on their second straight win.
We had a tie for second place between Crotch to Butt and Too Many Movies both with 42 points. We broke the tie with this question: "What is the population of the state of Wyoming as of 2018?" Too Many Movies was closest with their guess, and took second place. (The answer is 579,315.)
Best Team Name: Blowing a Horse to Completion
1. What Oscar-winning director was mentioned in recent reports that he was campaigning to have streaming service be excluded from the Oscars and wants them eligible for the Emmy Awards instead?
2. According to Bloomberg Billionaires Index, what 21-year-old woman was recently named the World's Youngest Self-Made Billionaire?
3. Sen. Martha McSally, of what western US state, revealed in a Senate hearing on military sexual assault last week that she was "preyed upon and then raped" when she served in the Air Force?
4. The last surviving store of what former retail giant, which once had 9,000 stores, is in Bend, Oregon, as the next-to-last store in Australia closed last week?
5. The NY Yankees have agreed to buy back the YES Network, who broadcast their cable games, for $3.4 billion from what entertainment conglomerate?
6. Carmine "The Snake" Persico, the imprisoned boss of what New York Mafia crime family, died last week at the age of 85?
7. What TV series pulled out of circulation an episode that featured the voice of Michael Jackson after the documentary "Leaving Neverland" aired last week which exposed his alleged pedophilia?
1. The Uprising in 1916 in Ireland was on the day after which Christian holiday?
2. What 1998 Oscar-winning war movie was partially filmed in Ireland?
3. What is the second-largest city in population in the Republic of Ireland after Dublin?
4. What actor who portrayed James Bond was born in Ireland?
5. What are the three colors of the Irish flag?
6. What is Ireland's most popular spectator sport?
7. Phil Lynott was the lead singer of what Irish rock band?
The Q Train: Movie Presidents Trivia
1. Air Force One (1997)
2. The American President (1995)
3. Independence Day (1996)
4. Deep Impact (1998)
5. Nixon (1995)
6. Love Actually (2003)
7. Lincoln (2012)
8. Dr. Strangelove (1964)
9. White House Down (2013)
10. Mars Attacks! (1996)
1. AuctionWeb was the original name of what popular website? (1 pt)
2. The southernmost point in Canada in is what province? ( 1 pt)
3. Between thunderstorms, blizzards and squirrels, which is the most frquent cause of power outages in the US? ( 1 pt)
4. The 1976 film "Family Plot" was the final movie by what director? ( 2 pt)
5. 90% of the Earth's ozone exists in what layer of the atmosphere? ( 2 pt)
6. What was the first US state to allow women the right to vote? ( 2 pt)
7. What was the final "Star Trek" film featuring "The Next Generation" cast? ( 3 pt)
1. The Hope Diamond is currently located in what museum? ( 4 points)
2. Colin Hanks' documentary "All Things Must Pass" tells about "the rise and fall" of what iconic record store chain? ( 3 points)
3. During World War II, a 13th century copy of the Magna Carta was kept in what secure American location? ( 4 points)
4. What late actress was a co-writer of the 1992 film "Lethal Weapon 3"? ( 4 points)
5. What fast food chain was founded in Ohio by Forrest and LeRoy Raffel in 1964? ( 5 points)
1. Steven Spielberg; 2. Kylie Jenner; 3. Arizona; 4. Blockbuster Video; 5. Disney; 6. Colombo; 7. "The Simpsons."
1. Easter; 2. "Saving Private Ryan;" 3. Cork; 4. Pierce Brosnan; 5. Green, white and orange; 6. Gaelic football; 7. Thin Lizzy.
The Q Train: Movie Presidents Trivia
1. Harrison Ford; 2. Michael Douglas; 3. Bill Pullman; 4. Morgan Freeman; 5. Anthony Hopkins; 6. Billy Bob Thornton; 7. Daniel Day-Lewis; 8. Peter Sellers; 9. Jamie Foxx; 10. Jack Nicholson.
1. eBay; 2. Ontario; 3. squirrels; 4. Alfred Hitchcock; 5. stratosphere; 6. Wyoming; 7. "Nemesis".
1. Smithsonian Institution; 2. Tower Records; 3. Fort Knox; 4. Carrie Fisher; 5. Arby's.